2 3 4 5
kanaric
kanaric Reader
12/11/13 2:20 a.m.
t25torx wrote: Forgot my 300ZX that had the ricer wang on the back of it. In my defense, it was placed there by the PO.

those cars came with wings like that in later model years

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
12/11/13 11:26 a.m.

Amateurs... all of you..

I kinda miss it.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
12/11/13 3:24 p.m.

I win....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/11/13 3:30 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

You do...

That is the riceyest Estes truck ever.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
12/11/13 3:42 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Wait a minute...

Was that car really yours? I remember seeing it years ago all over the internet. It is legendary.

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
12/11/13 4:06 p.m.

...I was mildly famous for a little while

I made it a a joke when the first fast and furious came out, then I put it on ebay The funniest part was that some people really thought it was my car and I was serious. I finally sold it in 2009 after owning it for 7 years or so.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
12/11/13 6:54 p.m.

The ricest, and also the rustiest.

I bought this 93 because it was AWD and was already rusty as hell, so I didn't feel bad about abusing it or sacrificing it to the mountains of road salt we get in the winter. It turned out to be a money pit precisely because of all that rust. It leaked like a sieve from every oil and coolant hard line and the brake and fuel lines were almost there. After the clutch died I sold it to a couple of Honda boys who wanted to drop the engine into an older Hyundai to make it into a sleeper.

A close second was my first car, a S13 Nissan 240SX coupe that was almost as rusty as the Eclipse and only ran on three cylinders (I can't seem to find a picture of it). The instrument panel was lit by these super cool LEDs because it would not light up with the headlights at night.

Finally, I still own this S4 RX-7 with a JDM turbo rotary swap:

"Powered by Deez Nuts," lol!

It looks ricey but it's pretty damn quick. When it doesn't overheat, because nearly everything on it was upgraded except the cooling system. I wanted to put in a radiator and one of my spare JDM engines, then de-rice it, but it's been languishing in storage for close to three years now. I may sell it once winter is over.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
12/11/13 9:38 p.m.

My current car 2002 WRX in "rally mode". I use the lights for my volunteer work at the Rally of the Tall Pines. I didn't take the pics with the HAM antenna on. I also have copies of rallyarmour flaps on it made from Ikea cutting boards.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/12/13 8:21 a.m.

In reply to RexSeven:

I had a 93 Talon but not AWD. Had the ex not been a soul-sucking sea-wench I may have had more fun with it. Which would have ultimately amounted to some rice I'm sure.

Storz
Storz Dork
12/12/13 9:18 a.m.

My first "enthusiast" car for sure, got it new in 2001. Cavalier Z24, lowered on just springs (who needs matched shocks!) red racing stripe, AEM intake, big ol fart can. Was an understeering horribly handling mess at my first ever autocross

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/12/13 9:29 p.m.

Probably my current car. Cost me $1,300. Everything other than the wheels cost me nothing.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/12/13 9:38 p.m.

Where do I get free Sparco fixed backs?

Matthew Huizing
Matthew Huizing Reader
12/12/13 9:39 p.m.

I miss the ol' rust bucket:

DukeOfUndersteer
12/12/13 9:41 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Where do I get free Sparco fixed backs?

Came out of my race car. Guess it really wasn't free. Not all that bad, except making a 850 mile trip at 1am, then it sucks.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
12/12/13 11:45 p.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer: I'm in awe of your HVAC system.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
12/13/13 2:23 a.m.
Matthew Huizing wrote: I miss the ol' rust bucket:

Thats probably the nicest one of those i've seen since I was a child.

Geo Storm? Usually they consist only of rust lol

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/13/13 7:27 a.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

As seen on Craigslist, "minor hail damage".

DukeOfUndersteer
12/13/13 8:10 a.m.

In reply to DaewooOfDeath and N Sperlo:

Yea, about that... The vent was broken the day I bought the car and couldn't direct any air anywhere. Solution? Piece of scrap brake duct tubing and safety wire.

About the dents.. All of those were on the car when I got it. I've never made one attempt to clean it up as far as dent removal or even washing it! Yep, I haven't washed it since the day I bought it!

Cody_D
Cody_D New Reader
12/14/13 12:15 p.m.

Big stupid wing, ugly fog lights, hub caps, two 12" miss-matched subs that rattled everything. This was my first car, riced it out in 1999.

vetteracer92
vetteracer92 New Reader
12/14/13 1:59 p.m.
DaewooOfDeath wrote: In reply to DukeOfUndersteer: I'm in awe of your HVAC system.

that can be a patent as a High Velocity Automobile Cooler

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
12/14/13 5:47 p.m.

It's the only vehicle I've owned with any modification, all done in the past by the previous owner who was my dad because it was too gutless to tow a camper.

My rx8 is perhaps more "ricey" looking with 19" wheels and recaro seats but it's 100% stock. The only thing I've changed is the battery.

Brian
Brian UltraDork
12/14/13 8:40 p.m.

bought it from a title loan place for $500 bucks as a non-runner. warrantied the dizzy and it ran fine. sold it for a small profit. the rice slowed it down too much for me.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/15/13 7:29 a.m.

Sorry guys - I can take ricey back to the early days (1980-1984)......I may have started this "rice" trend.

Most stuff sourced from Warshawsky's; rear hatch louvers, chrome trim "blackened" out, black wire stone guards for my Hella H4's, window vent shields, tinted rear windows, custom made front air dam (landscaping supplies?), windshield vinyl sun shield, a Pioneer Super Tuner radio with a booster/equalizer, Jensen speakers, and a lot of black paint.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/15/13 7:54 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Hmmm can it be a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix? My first car, bought at 18 and fresh into the Navy in '85. By the time I traded it, I had primered it black at the base auto hobby shop, black nugget AR steel wheels, a nice big hood scoop (non-functional), and an assortment of lights. Remember the license plate frames with rotating colored lights around the end? Gee, can't seem to find a photo. What a bummer.

Oh look, I did find a photo.

So Datsun310Guy, maybe I helped it along too.

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
12/15/13 8:56 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: Sorry guys - I can take ricey back to the early days (1980-1984)......I may have started this "rice" trend. Most stuff sourced from Warshawsky's; rear hatch louvers, chrome trim "blackened" out, black wire stone guards for my Hella H4's, window vent shields, tinted rear windows, custom made front air dam (landscaping supplies?), windshield vinyl sun shield, a Pioneer Super Tuner radio with a booster/equalizer, Jensen speakers, and a lot of black paint.

You forgot the sin of putting the wrong brand's sticker on the car. The Rabbit banner - a precursor to the ubiquitous type R graphic.

Well done!

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x14sDLMXvpJ8frGHgOrvlJTuAqI8Cvi2P6ZKZfhvrUFFKhdxshJD8TFre6mq2sZ7