1 2 3
DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/21/14 9:11 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM&list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC

This one has the $20xx challenge written all over it.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/21/14 9:19 p.m.

Very cool episode.

I wanted to repeatedly punch the announcer at the autocross, total douche.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/21/14 9:20 p.m.

Agreed. I wonder what that same engine setup would do in an older RX-7?

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
3/21/14 10:16 p.m.

Half the entrance fee at those Goodguys events must go to buying cones, I've never seen so many on course. That Rotsun is a monster, though I have a bit of doubt it'd fit into a $20xx budget.

I love that the ghetto oil scavenge pump has to be turned on separately from the engine.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/21/14 10:20 p.m.

I've never been to an auto-x event (lack of running car to do it with) so I didn't think that was too many. I'd imagine you could build something very similar on a $20xx Challenge budget. It'd be something neat to see for sure.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
3/21/14 10:41 p.m.

That's probably the best sounding Chevy 4.3 installation I've heard.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
3/21/14 11:32 p.m.

That was awesome.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
3/22/14 12:29 a.m.

Best Roadkill episode yet, that was awesome.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
3/22/14 4:02 a.m.

That car was great, i would like to see a clean build like this that turbo V6 idea is interesting.

I don't know much about different kinds of turbo setups but that looks like a twin scroll turbo am I right?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
3/22/14 7:40 a.m.

All good until they stuffed the exhaust out the hood.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
3/22/14 8:00 a.m.

That really did sound like a PSD didn't it. I loved the import at a 'good guys' show, then throwing down a seriously fast time and brining the KIA in as well.

So I'd never heard of Roadkill until about 10 days ago on here and now I've watch them all in turn over the last week. That was a good one, but the best to me in order were:
Ranchero to Alaska pt 1
Rat Rod Challenger
Buy the car from the junk yard, build it there then race it and sell it
That total POS Rat Rod Jeep to the desert bar, inc drinking $450 of booze before the bar closed.

Awesome show

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
3/22/14 8:57 a.m.

I had heard of Road Kill and even read a couple of summaries in Hot Rod, but now I have to watch them all. Anyone have a week of free time to spare?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
3/22/14 9:38 a.m.

I think this might be the best episode of Roadkill I have seen.

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
3/22/14 10:43 a.m.

Hmm, an autocross with no helmets? Seriously? It's hard to take that event seriously.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
3/22/14 12:18 p.m.
2002maniac wrote: Hmm, an autocross with no helmets?

I see no issue, helmets seem a bit over the top for closed top street cars avoiding those massive rock hard cones waiting to kill the drovers. I think the main reason for helmets in autocross is so the competitors feel like they are racing. Hell, people do a hundredsquillion miles an hour ever day on the Nurburg ring with no helmets, balls out, flat out in serious cars and they aren't making marshmallow out of their brains on a daily basis.

Now, the guy on the PA, he needed a helmet, taped up so no sound could escape, but thats for the public safety.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
3/22/14 12:43 p.m.

I love roadkill. I even made it into the episode where they swapped the crusher at PRI. I'm standing behind the production guys in the overview shot.

ssswitch
ssswitch Reader
3/22/14 12:43 p.m.

My two favourite Roadkill episodes are the one where they swap the engine in the Summit parking lot (because of the abject misery) and the motorhome-engined Charger (because it's a project I've contemplated up to the point of test-driving a 440 motorhome).

The Alaska ones are cool and fun to watch, but if you live in Canada like me seeing people drive on nice clean California highways with rust-free cars is more of an exotic foreign land than somewhere with snow.

The rat rod death trap Jeep episode isn't as good as the later followup "side" episode where they reveal that after inhaling $450 in liquor and being absolutely blackout drunk the video crew popped a tire on their SUV and made them change the tire hammered because none of the video crew could sober.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/22/14 2:31 p.m.

I think my favorites are this one, the rat rod jeep, and the general meyham charger

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
3/22/14 5:38 p.m.

Wow I watched about 5 or 6 episodes today lol. Neat show

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
3/22/14 7:22 p.m.

Its shows like this that I hope kill TV.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
3/22/14 9:01 p.m.

No helmets, dumping fuel and oil everywhere, driven without any safety gear until required, zip ties and just general crap engineering on something that you are going to drive that fast with spectators right on the course like at all the good guy shows.

Not my cup of tea.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
3/22/14 9:42 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

Exactly my cup of tea.

Or coffee, I don't like tea.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
3/23/14 8:22 p.m.

IIRC they knew the announcer and he was giving them all kinds of grief both over the PA and off. So all the trash talking was in jest

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/23/14 8:32 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: IIRC they knew the announcer and he was giving them all kinds of grief both over the PA and off. So all the trash talking was in jest

That's what they put on the roadkill facebook page.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
3/24/14 6:24 a.m.
EvanB wrote: In reply to wearymicrobe: Exactly my cup of tea. Or coffee, I don't like tea.

Ya until the engine let's go at speed, dumps oil all over the front tires, car plows through the crowd into a concrete barrier and the driver punches out the windshield with his skull. Those seat belts couldn't possibly fail. OK, that's crazy exaggeration but safety is safety. Cool video and build but that was not safe.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ditLA4LxgKdulQVw9umylg8xnJgzf0kWP248AQs0onMOloyOZEIFJqh1xhrSlwHb