dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/30/22 2:15 p.m.

With the bit of snow, we had up here the local TV station decided that it was more important to hear from the mayor of Boston and all the other bureaucrats on how they did their job and kept us all safe during this snowstorm we just had.  And they decided to do this and interrupt the last 30 minutes of the race SO I MISSED IT.

They came on to tell us everything was ok and there were no problems.  No emergency No deaths no real problems with power being out.  YOU COULD HAVE WAITED A HALF HOUR TO TELL US THAT THERE WAS NOTHING TO TELL US ABOUT.  

Deep Breaths . .. . .. .  Find my happy place.. . . .  . . .. . .   

Anyway does anyone have a link that I can watch the last 30 minutes?  YouTube Fu is failing me.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/30/22 2:30 p.m.

Hope you can find it- it was really good.  And I only saw the last 12 or so min.

adam525i
adam525i Dork
1/30/22 3:44 p.m.

Video might get taken down but up for now, worth a watch though.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
1/30/22 4:37 p.m.

WOW!

Porsche on Porsche violence cost the 1,2 finish.

Admonishments shall happen.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/30/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to adam525i :

Thanks for posting that!!!!

That was wishful thinking of making that pass on the outside entering the bus stop but he really did not have another shot at making a pass except for maybe a draft pass at the line.  

I hate to admit it, but I signed up for the $4.99 per month Peacock subscription and I don't begrudge it one bit.  The coverage was fantastic and with Peacock you don't have the chase the broadcast all over the NBC channels.

I did the NBC Sports Gold app before which I think was $2.99, but now with access to TV and movies it's well worth the $4.99 to me.

BenB
BenB HalfDork
1/30/22 9:32 p.m.

In reply to Loweguy5 (just had a surprise back surgery!) :

I signed up for Peacock, too. Worth every penny not to have five minutes worth of commercials every three minutes.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
1/30/22 10:24 p.m.

The entire race, flag to flag, will be up on Youtube in a few days. Since the networks started shuffling the race(s) amongst various channels, (subscription only) streaming platforms, etc, I decided to stop putting up with that bulls*t, wait until it becomes available on Youtube, and watch it whenever I want.

I pay too much for satellite TV as it is, I'll be damned if I'll pay even more just to watch the few things worth watching - like racing.   

adam525i
adam525i Dork
1/30/22 11:18 p.m.

For everyone outside of the US, IMSA TV had it live flag to flag online along with the supports series, live timing and about 8 onboard to choose from, pretty awesome!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
1/31/22 8:45 a.m.

Funniest part of the whole telecast occurs with about 7 minutes left and one announcer tells us that IMSA has told the two Porsches " no more contact" and Dale Jr ( I think it was him) says " 23 hours and 50 minutes of racing and now they want them to stop banging !" Obviously, that message was ignored.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/31/22 11:00 a.m.

Yall might know Im biased towards the Pfaff team, so I was stoked by that. 

Those last three laps were AWESOME racing. And, really, the GTD class was good the entire race!

That was one of the best races Ive seen in a very long time, with it really close throughout all the classes the entire time. 

Was bummed about a few cars going down/out, but overall a great race!!!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
1/31/22 11:27 a.m.

I don't watch a whole lot of racing, but that clip was freakin awesome!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
1/31/22 12:42 p.m.

That last 30 min was some of the best to watch racing I have seen, and hats off to Porsche, Pfaff and KCMG for letting the guys race as hard as they did.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/1/22 10:59 a.m.

Yeah, wow, what a finish. Even though we were there at the track, it was impossible to look away from the live feed. 

And to be a fly on the wall in the Porsche trailer after the event....

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
2/1/22 11:43 a.m.

There was an hour or two stretch over night that was very cool racing. Not as much bending of body panels but the effort to drive on cold tires on a cold track meant a lot of cool driving to try and build Temps in tires before their competition flies by at warp speed on warm tires from their pitstop 2 or 3 laps prior. 

The porsches were not playing nice even then but they didn't touch panels. But the last lap pass was worth the try and both ended up on the podium I think if not 1-2. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/3/22 3:28 p.m.
Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
2/4/22 10:21 a.m.

Keep that last lap handy for anyone asking why you watch Spots car racing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H1i5x1MUZwqUqCsWMEXNccomJE0wH6wZmVnYtKlpryFPtDk0SrCblpUS71oliKcy