1 2
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/15/20 7:05 p.m.

ex's xB carried more than one couch in its life.  Cavernous.  It's like a Tardis.  Bigger on the inside.  If the second gen has more, I think it would probably get a 20-dead-hooker rating.

I realize they're a bit long in the tooth, but to me (the guy who hates econoboxes and wants to swap a 500-hp diesel into everything) it felt incredibly UN-penalty box.  My point in mentioning it was that - if a 15-year old toaster is something I preferred over a newer Soul, maybe there are more inspiring choices?  Don't get me wrong, I love Kia/Hyundai and always wanted to scoop one up before people realize they are actually good cars, but I just personally think they didn't nail it with the Soul.

I still think that xB was one of the worst things I lost in the divorce.  She drove it until it had over 200k, the only thing that she had to fix was the muffler, and the only reason it's not on the road now is that she wrecked it.

Definitely NOT saying to slink away.  They're great cars and it would serve you well, I just think there are possibly better options.  I wish I had driven them all so I could say "you should get the whatever," but I haven't.  All I know is that I preferred an older xB to the newer Soul.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/15/20 7:37 p.m.

I never drive the xB but the mil has an xA. I can't think of a worse place to be forced to be. Seriously. Seating position is horrific, gutless, loud and cheap feeling. Yeah, if the xB is anything like the xA then that would be a hard pass for me. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/20 8:17 p.m.

I have driven the newer generation xB and to me, the Soul was a much nicer place to be.  The center of dash mounted gauges that Toyota seemed to embrace in that era just don’t work for me, to pick on only one point.

Also, Apple Car Play in the ‘19 Soul is a major plus.  That was an unexpected cool discovery.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/16/20 6:29 a.m.

My wife's car is a 1st gen xB and it's been a great car. Yes, the seating position is a little odd in that it's upright, like driving a minivan. It's our travel car whenever we go anywhere together. Detroit to Toronto routinely and a spring break trip to the Carolinas were all comfortable and trouble free . We tend to take it rather than my MINI CooperS because she can't drive a stick if need be. The MINI is a better travel car in my mind, but I never see the xB as a penalty box. I have test driven a Soul and it's a nice place to be and is on my short list to replace the MINI when the time comes. It would certainly be an upgrade over the xB it terms of size, finish, and comfort.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M8qLPeX5BhlsuWcpdhDFgazqawPEovHIHzW9tq2g8i070dnvgIwU2eiIX0hAd4ty