1 2
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/14/15 12:49 p.m.

Link to what I found the other day. About a dozen cars, from the late 40's to an 85 Hurst/Olds. The Charger R/T is probably the most valuable, but depending on the VIN of the 70 B5 Blue 'Cuda...

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
3/14/15 12:57 p.m.

Would take a braver man than me to restore that.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
3/14/15 1:01 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: Would take a braver man than me to restore that.

With deep pockets.

drdisque
drdisque Reader
3/14/15 3:55 p.m.

Aww man, when you said R/T I was hoping it would be an Avenger R/T or a Stratus R/T or maybe a Spirit R/T

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
3/14/15 4:11 p.m.

Awesome. Are they all for sale?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/14/15 8:19 p.m.

The sad/annoying part is if that Charger has title, it's probably worth a lot more than it should be... even in that condition. Granted, it seems "driver" cars are starting to drop down to somewhat reasonable levels. I've seen a couple in the low-mid 30's.

mike
mike New Reader
3/15/15 10:38 a.m.

What was the white one between the 'Cuda & Charger ?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
3/15/15 10:48 a.m.

Yeah you can just send that Charger over here. Baby Jack wants a project car of his own but said daddy can work on it in the mean time.

DCharger68
DCharger68 Reader
3/15/15 10:58 a.m.
fasted58 wrote:
With deep pockets.

I'd do it. Even if it took 10 years. That's my favorite car. Even my screen name comes from it

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
3/15/15 11:13 a.m.
DCharger68 wrote:
fasted58 wrote:
With deep pockets.
I'd do it. Even if it took 10 years. That's my favorite car. Even my screen name comes from it

I have brought a few of them back from the grave, and my message is that you should not go down that road. If you really mean it that you want one so bad that you would spend ten years on it, just borrow the money and buy one.

The one shown in the OP does not look to have an intact panel on it. You did notice the trunk is missing?

paddylopez
paddylopez New Reader
3/15/15 11:28 a.m.

You had me at Hurst Olds!

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/15/15 1:45 p.m.

Mark from Graveyard Carzzzzzzz has restored WAY worse. If it has a VIN and a firewall, seems like he'll build a car around it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/15/15 2:01 p.m.
mike wrote: What was the white one between the 'Cuda & Charger ?

This is the only Charger photo I saw, if it's the car to the left; I would guess an early 50s Plymouth. At first I thought '49 - 54 Chevy, but it's too roundy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/15/15 4:06 p.m.

When mint NOS grille assemblies go for north of $2,000, restoring second gen Chargers isn't for the faint of heart.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
3/15/15 7:09 p.m.

Throw some lights in it and that Charger is in "driver" condiontion here in Michigan. I'd try it if I knew how to weld. That Hurst Olds is cool too.

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
3/15/15 7:17 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: When mint NOS grille assemblies go for north of $2,000, restoring second gen Chargers isn't for the faint of heart.

NOS is so 90s. The thing to have now is lunch pail parts. NOS items are from replacement-parts inventory and sometimes not the same as what was on the assembly line. Lunch-pail parts are new parts that assembly line workers accidentally took home with them. They're more correct than NOS parts.

You ain't seen anal-retentive until you've seen the depths Mopar restorers can go to in order to make a car a perfect restoration of what the factory produced.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
3/15/15 7:23 p.m.

And that's the reason why I no longer consider myself a mopar guy. When I took my freshly redone duster to the big local mopar show, you'd have thought i killed the pope by the reaction my chevy alternator got.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/15/15 8:07 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: And that's the reason why I no longer consider myself a mopar guy. When I took my freshly redone duster to the big local mopar show, you'd have thought i killed the pope by the reaction my chevy alternator got.

if you really want to make their heads explode, get one of the GM HEI based distributors that they sell for Mopar engines these days, and put a set of late model Mustang wheels on it..

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
3/15/15 8:09 p.m.

that gold Nova in that one pic has me feeling curious..

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
3/15/15 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

I was linked to this recently:

http://www.m1-garand-rifle.com/ivan-chesnokov.php

Reminded me of just about everything Rick Ehrenberg ever wrote about Mopars

bmw88rider
bmw88rider HalfDork
3/15/15 9:01 p.m.

Haha....My Barracuda will make the purists blow a head gasket. between the HEI ignition and the 8.8" rear end that I'm considering to build for it.

My dad was one of those guys. He gave me all kinds of crap for building out the 340 for it and building out the suspension more than stock.

I understand if it's a 1 of 6 Hemi Cuda Convertible but a run of the mill A body Barracuda is a common car and not worth much.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/15/15 9:47 p.m.

Or just go full RoadKill.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/15/15 10:19 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Or just go full RoadKill.

Definitely this. I've been watching this show every chance I get for the past few weeks.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/15/15 10:27 p.m.

Yeah... Mopar purists would probably love me about as much as the British car and Volvo purists do... One reason I want a "one wheel in the crusher" level of car is to feel (more" free to do whatever the hell I want to it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
3/16/15 6:11 a.m.

I haven't been to a show in years. Now its got Lincoln seats, ford trans, mustang wheels, s10 air dam, going to have gm based efi, etc. Itd make purist explode.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3eE0tVvYQrSito4RHeWR8nlnwuTQxZWrWAX96NpJjFivKwvwhVWaMeYg1ckgWvB3