1 2
Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
3/16/15 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

What are you doing for the EFI? It recently occurred to me that all it would take for a late cable-throttle GenIII's engine controller to be happy, besides the temp and map sensors, would be a common 60-2 wheel (what GM calls a "58X") and a distributor modified to look like a cam sensor, probably could be put together with bits liberated from a Ford 3.0 OHV cam position sensor as it is also a 180 degree on/180 degree off type "wheel".

Then boom, you natively have sequential injection, coil near plug ignition, and you should be able to do the electronics/wiring portion for cheaper than any remotely comparable standalone. Controllers are thoroughly hacked.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
3/16/15 6:09 p.m.

Im using gm tpi stuff cause I have it, and have a local tuner thats reputable. 7727 ecm, modified lean burn distributor, modified victor jr, holley throttle body, ls1 injectors.

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
3/16/15 6:41 p.m.

I'd imagine the '727 stuff is cheap to free at this point, too. Should work pretty sweet. I'll be really interested to hear how it all works out.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
3/16/15 6:56 p.m.

Ill be updating the duster build thread as soon as all the elky parts are reassembled into an elky. Duster wil be next.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zjAc8KBhenAFrKCXi0peBCCvuYF770DFSex3zUdtEKvLt3UtX3h8fuI5rvh3k37L