pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/17/22 3:03 p.m.

Say hello to the new whip. I'm sad to see the FiST go, we had a lot of great times together and racked up a lot of trophies. 

The Elantra N is a big step up in terms of features and interior quality. Power is great and it still has the tight feel the FiST had with a much better ride. I chose the DCT so my wife won't mind driving it on occasion as much. Looking forward to seeing what she'll do at the autocross, sadly they don't make wheels for her yet.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/17/22 3:25 p.m.

Congratulations! 

Seems like very good timing to let the fiesta go since their used prices really took a dip for a while and have surged with the current used market. 

How much does an N go for?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/17/22 3:31 p.m.

Sure they make wheels that'll fit. 5x114.3, make sure they clear the calipers. Likely a 45-50 offset. And bring it to me to play with. 

So Jelly. 

Also: GOT ANOTHER ONE!

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/17/22 3:31 p.m.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
3/17/22 9:19 p.m.

Duuude!  Nice!

My next car will be an Elantra N. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/17/22 9:22 p.m.

I appreciate hearing the feedback from someone coming from a FiST, as I feel the Elantra N is the closest thing to the FiST that's available new. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/17/22 9:37 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Beat me to it

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 HalfDork
3/17/22 9:45 p.m.

That is a fantastic car.  Well done!

3/18/22 10:14 a.m.

I heard stories about dealers marking the N up over MSRP, but I saw none of that around here. The list is $34K and change, and while they are not taking anything off of that, they aren't adding to it either. You can't order a car to your spec, only "reserve" one, and it takes a while to come in. So if you want one, you have to wait for one to come to a dealer and jump on it. I was somewhat lucky because the buyer for this one was going to drive in from another state, but then backed out at the last minute. I am sure I could have gotten more for the FiST as a private sale, but it had a few skeletons in the closet and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a private sale. 

calteg
calteg Dork
3/18/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

Can I ask what the dealer gave you for the FiST as a trade? There's a local one on CL that supposedly "just needs a new turbo." Pretty sure that's code for needs a new motor. Guy is asking $10k

3/18/22 4:20 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

Walk away from that, a blown turbo is the tip of the iceburg IMHO. 

Some reference numbers:  

My car came back at $12 - $13K on KBB

Carmax offered me about $12K for it, that's sight unseen of course

When the dealer saw that it needed rust repair and had some accidents on its carfax report, they started at $9k. I got them back to just under $12K. 

My friend with a 2014 Fiesta private-sold his for $16K. It had 95,000 miles compared to my 43,000, but was as clean as new. Like, really clean and rust free and nice. And not abused like mine. :) 

My point is that the market is insane right now, you used to be able to get a FiST with 50k miles for under $10k, now Carmax is listing them at $20K with over 80k miles. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/18/22 11:51 p.m.

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE N!

Missed opportunity on the thread title there.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/19/22 8:54 a.m.

Nice car!

calteg
calteg Dork
3/19/22 10:13 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, the owner also listed "brand new clutch" and "COBB tuner" in the same sentence, so I'm guessing it didn't live a pampered life. The search continues...

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/19/22 1:25 p.m.

Glad you were able to snag a car in this crazy market.. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3jZXT4P4CISVCE33VWuQVANgt1qY1F3E22N5inKIRIvu80YW7BPsl5OS5q3fYdDs