loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/2/19 9:28 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

Thanks. I think the new bits make the car look more serious (as serious as a flurescent pink car can look). Here's the new front splitter with the strakes visible

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
10/2/19 10:32 p.m.

I haven't studied the rules, but I don't think your spoiler is a problem.

You are allowed to have a spoiler that is as high as 10" off the center of the trunk lid.  It doesn't say it has to BE in the center of the trunk lid.

When I built my workshop in my back yard, the rules were it could be no more than 16.5' tall as measured from the middle of the back property line.  It does not mean I have to build it on the middle of the back property line.

I like the rib in the middle, I think it should be more effective with that.  Looking forward to hearing the test results!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
10/15/19 7:24 p.m.

I got a new (to me) trailer and built an extended ramp to bolt to the factory ramp door. Here are some pics:

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/19 4:29 p.m.

So the local representative of the Western Canada Motorsports Association stopped by today and presented me with the Soloist of the Year award-I didn't even know I had been nominated! 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/19/19 6:40 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Congratulations!

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
11/19/19 6:58 p.m.

Well deserved!  
Oh and thanks for all the effort you've put into keeping us informed.  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/19 7:16 p.m.
frenchyd said:

Well deserved!  
Oh and thanks for all the effort you've put into keeping us informed.  

I wish I had more news to share but the car is about finished. There are a couple of things I could do if I had a big budget but for my money, it's perfect. I have been working on my new (to me) trailer and here is a before and after picture. I still haven't installed all the cool racks I built, I'll show those later.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/19/19 8:26 p.m.

Congratulations!!!  

BTW, when I saw your ramp extensions, the design reminded me of aluminum wings....  They look really cool.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/19 8:42 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Once I have all the racks in, I'll do a little video of the trailer. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/19/19 8:46 p.m.

DUDE major props on the award.....was in the grosh today admiring version 1.0 frnt 'X' brace while using my menagerie of wood shaping appendage eliminating appliances....good on YOU. When is the soonest you can test 'n'  tune. Sorry  i know this ..............March, of next year frown.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/19 8:53 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Thanks. Locally, nothing happens until May but if we travel south we can start in April

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/19/19 9:01 p.m.
loosecannon said:

In reply to alfadriver :

Once I have all the racks in, I'll do a little video of the trailer. 

MarkS way better on the approach to the box ...obviously one less thing to fret over!!!!!!!!!!

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/19/19 9:04 p.m.

Hey is Ms.B ready to kick A$$ next season????.....the K's are tiring me out....

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/19/19 9:32 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I don't think I mentioned this anywhere but Briget's time in EM on Day 1 of competition was good enough that she would have been winning EML. Sadly, on day 2 the vehicle speed sensor really broke and she was running on half power. I expect what will happen is at Springnationals, she'll measure herself against Mrs. K's times and if she's quicker, she will run EML for Nationals. My car is really, really good, we just need the seat time so we can get the most out of it. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/19/19 9:41 p.m.

Yu an Briget have my back...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/20/19 6:16 a.m.
loosecannon said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

I don't think I mentioned this anywhere but Briget's time in EM on Day 1 of competition was good enough that she would have been winning EML. Sadly, on day 2 the vehicle speed sensor really broke and she was running on half power. I expect what will happen is at Springnationals, she'll measure herself against Mrs. K's times and if she's quicker, she will run EML for Nationals. My car is really, really good, we just need the seat time so we can get the most out of it. 

You've added some driving analysis data collection in your car, right?

If you have, I look foreword to both of your reviews of that, and how much it's helped each of you improve.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/20/19 5:51 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

We have Track Addict and recently tried Solo Storm. Neither have proven to be any help yet but I hope I can make the Solo Storm useful next year. I only got the Solo Strom at the end of the season and it was unreliable in testing so we didn't bother with it for Nationals.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/3/19 7:04 p.m.

I tried putting the car in the new trailer for the first time and it drove right in with no drama! I am thrilled. Look how the cars reflection makes the wall and ceiling look pink

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
12/3/19 8:23 p.m.

Just needs a disco ball for full visual overload.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/3/19 9:38 p.m.

It's a (very) small victory but I reached 500 subscribers on my YouTube channel today and here is the latest video Episode 251-New Aero explained and a trailer

CJ
CJ HalfDork
12/3/19 10:11 p.m.

501 ;=)

Great work!

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
12/4/19 3:43 p.m.

Ummmmm.....don't look now but there's a Chevy Suburban attempting to mate with your car......

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/4/19 5:52 p.m.

So, this is interesting. I got a letter today from the lawyer of a fellow competitor threatening a lawsuit if I mention his name. What kind of person does this? Here's the letter (with his name edited out). I'll be going over my posts to edit out his name and picture.

Dear Mr. Sawatsky,

This office represents xxxx xxxxxx.  Mr. xxxxxx has previously requested you cease using images of him on your Facebook and Instagram pages, as well as elsewhere.  However, you apparently have failed to comply with Mr. xxxxxx’s request, thus compelling him to enlist our firm’s assistance.  The usage of images of Mr. xxxxxx or Mr. xxxxxx’s name constitutes a violation of California Civil Code Section 3344.  Further, your conduct in using Mr. xxxxxx’s name and images with his name constitute a violation of the Lanham Act Section 42(a) infringing on his registered trademark and by false association with his identity.

Based on the foregoing, we hereby demand that you immediately (1) remove all images showing Mr. xxxxxx or the name xxxxxx from your social media and any other locations, and (2) cease and desist from further or future use of Mr. xxxxxx’s image or the name xxxxxx.

Please be advised that if you fail to comply with the above demand, we will recommend to our client that he pursue all of its legal remedies against you.

This letter is sent for settlement purposes only and is sent without prejudice to our client’s rights and claims, all of which are expressly reserved.

Your immediate attention to this matter is required.

Very truly  yours,

Michael L. Schack"

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/4/19 6:30 p.m.

Well I guess I won’t be ordering one of their guitars...

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/4/19 6:38 p.m.

A holes like this make me go all outlaw and get personal

I would superimpose a Finger over the image of this individual (properly obscuring his identity of course).

I would likely push the envelope to the limit and explore every opportunity available to irritate him (in a non-threatening way of course).

Crop photos so his head is chopped off, miss-spell his name, etc. ad nausium

My life's mission would be to provoke him into a mistake, with goal of obtaining a restraining order that would prevent him from attending the same events as you.

Starting with turning the tables back on him employing the same tactics. I believe there is something called fair use that needs to be explored.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RALbpRf40zVIV9qhIUdB3bFrXyEXiVSqZJHTB3hpWj9TqszM8wcNO5iEWylJehOB