Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
10/6/16 2:37 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
10/6/16 2:45 p.m.

That's the guy who ambushed the first place fellow and punted him off the track right?

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
10/6/16 3:03 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago wrote: That's the guy who ambushed the first place fellow and punted him off the track right?

Apparently, yes. Here's a click-bait-style accounting of the event. Or if you prefer, here's a video and some dry facts.

Nick Feathers said: For those inquiring about the Tom Sloe incident at the SCCA Runoffs at Mid-Ohio(video courtesy of Matt Downing) Sloe(yellow mustang) was P3, but was pissed about not getting P1 after contact at the beginning of the race between him and Mcdermid(white mustang). Hosni was p1 and Mcdermid was p2, but Hosni had a mechanical, so Mcdermid went to p1. With 2 laps to go, Sloe coasted down with what was presumed to be a "mechanical", but the engine was running the entire time. He stopped near the top of the hill in T5, but stuck it in neutral and coasted back down the hill backwards closer to the middle of the track...just enough so he could get the angle of Mcdermid entering T4 in his rear view mirror(where the video begins). Mcdermid entered Turn 4 on the last lap and Sloe seen him in his mirrors, gunned it, and dive bombed him intentionally in T6, hitting Mcdermid's right rear spinning him. Mcdermid still recovered and won the race...then did a big burnout in front of Sloe on the victory lap. For clarifications sake, the fans aren't cheering, more so than reacting in a collective gasp as to what they just watched.
YA
YA New Reader
10/6/16 3:28 p.m.

Yet nothing for the farce of a race finish at Mosport (CTMP) in the truck series.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
10/6/16 3:36 p.m.

When your last name is slow, and you are a complete A-hole, is racing really where you should be?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
10/6/16 4:27 p.m.

Ha, didn't know the guy he hit still pulled off the win. That was probably one of the better burnouts of his life.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/6/16 4:36 p.m.

He should never be allowed to race with the SCCA (yes I saw indefinite ban) or any other series again.

That's way beyond the line of anything acceptable.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
10/6/16 4:50 p.m.

That's some dirt track, been drinking too much, crap there. Not what we do.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
10/6/16 4:52 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

I wander if NASA will also black list him, even though it was an SCCA event? I would. Hells bells, not even NASCAR would would allow that move...

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
10/6/16 4:56 p.m.

He forgot to wrestle with him afterwards.

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
10/6/16 6:24 p.m.

He's NASA's problem now...

wae
wae Dork
10/6/16 6:36 p.m.

I'm not sure I believe the line that the fans aren't cheering. That sounds a lot like cheering and clapping to me.

JBasham
JBasham Reader
10/7/16 10:55 a.m.

A few weeks back there was a P-car club race in my neck of the woods. Somebody showed me a video of two guys in fast cars essentially having a 2 car race, lap after lap, in the same running order. The lead car door-banged the follower three separate times to keep him from getting around. AFAIK, no action by the steward. Stuff like this makes me I think I'll leave local racing off my bucket list.

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
10/7/16 11:36 a.m.

I seem to recall an account in Mark Donohue's autobiography of Parnelli Jones doing something VERY similar during a Trans Am race. Any one care to venture a guess as to what he was driving?

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
10/7/16 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E: AMC

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
10/7/16 12:50 p.m.

gotta be....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qs4zU5con45nHMYqFf8lqNdMSkEiy837StFRIdb5QtX1Jeks5DJfyBsLujvNCjA3