1 2
alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
10/20/09 2:56 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Who says it has to be "...an OLDER Camry..."? I had a co-worker at my last job who traded a 4 year old Camry in for a new one. I asked HER why? Her response: they are a pretty good car and they got a good deal. To me, a Camry is about as exciting as a run-of-the-mill refrigerator. And when folks tell you they bought ANY vehicle for reasons that have nothing to do with how it drives....well, I guess they deserve their metallic beige anonymous blob of a vehicle. The only reason to buy a Camry, especially an older one? They are so invisible, you can drive it like you stole it and no one will notice.

99% of the buying public could care less how the car actually drives. Most of the buyers of "high performace cars" buy them for image and not for the performance. They buy the image that C&D and R&T sell them. Even now, Autoweek has become AW- more about lifestyle than actual real cars.

The one percent that care? That would be GRM readers. Generally.

E-

Toyman01
Toyman01 HalfDork
10/20/09 3:50 p.m.

We have a local guy that autocrosses a Camry. His times are usually pretty good. With R comps I have seen it up on two wheels. They still put me to sleep though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4KzPJlpRhzrPJw8LvKZO8d4mzee89imSQKgmGp46kWTPsyG408xLBNpgaSqSpmGm