KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
2/7/16 10:32 a.m.

Keep the bench seat. Much better for date night

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
2/7/16 10:42 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Keep the bench seat. Much better for date night

My first car at 16 was a truck with a bench seat. Absolutely keep the bench. Trust me.

dj
dj Reader
2/7/16 1:41 p.m.

Absolutely keep the camper and tint it. Bench seats also worth keeping no matter what.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
2/7/16 2:46 p.m.

The only thing I see that needs immediate attention is getting those hideous, awful and tasteless chrome wheel well trim pieces off of there. Do that ASAFP!

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/7/16 3:34 p.m.

Good find. My first towing job we ran those as chase trucks. Mine was a swb 1500 just like that but with several add a leafs in the rear and 454SS wheels which are probably my favorites on that truck. We all put in TBI spacers but being dumb kids also flipped the air cleaner lids for more " fresh air" which likely negated the benefits of the spacer. That truck paid for itself many times over in the good old days in southern Queens.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
2/7/16 6:14 p.m.

Sorry if I'm being stupid but how does flipping the lid negate the effects of the tbi spacer?

Gbodyboy, you need to flip the "salad bowl"

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
2/7/16 6:41 p.m.

you do not need to flip the lid, it's the dumbest-ass non mod ever. the tube sucks air from outside the engine bay, lets flip the lid and suck a bunch of hot air in!

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
2/7/16 6:49 p.m.
patgizz wrote: you do not need to flip the lid, it's the dumbest-ass non mod ever. the tube sucks air from outside the engine bay, lets flip the lid and suck a bunch of hot air in!

This. Being dumb ass kids we didn't know any better. Learn from our mistakes. I also never went for the headers but I did have a pair of Flowmasters. You could almost hear them over the stereo.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/8/16 7:53 a.m.

QFT!

Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Keep camper. Add turbo. Troll suckers.
NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/8/16 9:50 a.m.
gearheadmb wrote:
My first car at 16 was a truck with a bench seat. Absolutely keep the bench. Trust me.

Also can agree here. Not to mention, the GMT-400 has some of the most comfortable bench seats known to man. Our GMT-400 K3500HD duallie has bucket seats and were considering yanking them and putting the bench out of our K1500 in it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/16 9:56 a.m.

Keep the topper, and add an air mattress. Much, much better for date night.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
2/8/16 10:49 a.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gBFNCzZqeE6248BpEb6kBo0mJ6PxPQexqPAkLqTpB5O9BqkL6x7ovRfLLYk3UJbl