1 2 3
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/18 8:19 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Texas probably. 

Southeast?  Probably not at that price point. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/28/18 8:21 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid said:
SVreX said:

These threads are always very predictable. 

You mean that you tell the OP he doesn’t need a diesel truck? cheeky

I’m working on my unpredictability. 

Surprised you didn’t comment on my brevity. cheeky

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
8/28/18 11:17 a.m.

Oklahoma is a great place to look especially up in the Northwest where all the oil fields and Ranches are. A lot of guys run diesel and there are usually a lot for a decent price. They rarely get snow and don’t use salt, so their trucks are usually rust free. 

grover
grover HalfDork
8/28/18 11:42 a.m.

quite a few rust free trucks in florida as well. I don't need a diesel, heck, I live in a major city/area....but I love it.  Although I did get a deal, my 97 f250 7.3 was only $4,000 with 112k on the motor.  It was in a barn and found on swap and shop am radio.  I did have to replace the fuel bowl ($500 at dealer because I had to leave the next day) but it's been fine since then.  That was this spring I think.  I've only put 3k on it, but it runs great, the a/c is amazing and it's fun for me to drive. 

The 96 F250 that I bough from a grm member had 250something on it when I got it and I only put a water pump and thermostat in it in the 6 months or so that I had it.  The new owner is driving it all over and put just over 20k in the last few months and did have to replace the vacuum pump a few months ago.  

I think the old OBS trucks are a classic, and the motors seem to be very reliable.  The transmissions only seem to have issues when they are pushed by chipped motors.  

I'd buy one over a gasser again in a heartbeat.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
veEu7idZWOPpAqBUCFp70BwhL06Wlp3pNs8Sm0fIxEmbXVr938aXLcDnU0wSyLcj