1 2 3
freetors
freetors Reader
11/30/18 8:44 p.m.

This forum needs a place to show off small parts and projects that may not deserve an entire thread of their own. Let's see all of your custom/bespoke car parts, workshop tools, etc! I'll start:

Here are some offset lower ball joint mounts I made for my s2000. They're made of 15-5 PH stainless steel so I can leave them raw and shiny laugh

Now let's see your creations!

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
11/30/18 8:57 p.m.

Well you set the bar too high. I’ve got nothing to compete with that. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/30/18 9:02 p.m.

These are my best creations 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/30/18 9:05 p.m.

there even an identical set 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/30/18 9:11 p.m.

Are we turning it into that kind of thread? Because I can step up:

Four year old big sister reading to 18 month old baby sister.

And yes, Freetors, we have polluted your thread. But really I have nothing to compare to your machining there. I've made a few things but they're like cavemen pointing to their paintings after you've gone all full Michelangelo on us.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
11/30/18 9:13 p.m.

I'm with him on kids, but for car parts I just made my own Miata door bushings out of a UHMW scrap I got from my buddy the other day at my old job

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/30/18 9:19 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

I'm with him on kids, but for car parts I just made my own Miata door bushings out of a UHMW scrap I got from my buddy the other day at my old job

The guy that painted that car really should have done the door jambs.

What ive been creating:

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
11/30/18 9:30 p.m.

Buncha boxes 

Baltic birch dovetail joints. Screwed up the finishing (stain) but my kids don’t seem to mind.

Utility shelves

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/30/18 9:32 p.m.

My dad made this checkerboard--it's one of three that he just made. Plus he made the checkers plus the box that holds them. And now I have a checkerboard. (Also good for chess, he notes.)

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/30/18 9:55 p.m.

I once made this little sissy bar/rack for the sportser. Came out exactly as I planned, looked symmetrical, easily attached and detached with one screw. And was strong enough to pick the back of the bike with. All eyeballed, never broke out the tape measure once. Pretty happy with that one. 

freetors
freetors Reader
11/30/18 9:57 p.m.
dculberson said:

And yes, Freetors, we have polluted your thread. But really I have nothing to compare to your machining there. I've made a few things but they're like cavemen pointing to their paintings after you've gone all full Michelangelo on us.

I merely made use of the tools available to me. I think anyone on here could have produced similar results given the idea, a little bit of practice, and the opportunity!

My hope is that this thread can be long running and constantly updating inspiration to all of our builders on this board.

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
11/30/18 10:15 p.m.

Fabbed up my own bumpers. Front has frenched 2" receiver and winch mount.

And my roof rack.

And door mounted spot light brackets 

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
11/30/18 10:17 p.m.

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
11/30/18 10:17 p.m.

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
11/30/18 10:18 p.m.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
11/30/18 11:00 p.m.

Off road stuff for our Bronco...

Still need to do the roof rack...  someday... cheeky

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
11/30/18 11:04 p.m.

want to do an 80% build just not sure how the local council/PD feels about such things although I saw the local ABC7 ran a scare piece recently so might have to move quick. If I do a whole wall bookcase I'll detail here.  smiley 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
11/30/18 11:26 p.m.

These are pretty beat up after a lot of years, bouncing around in boats and a lot of fish. Some of my custom fishing rods from about 1990.

My best guess is that I have built about 300 rods.

Edit: it's not necessarily obvious that all of the details were done with thread. No paint, tape, etc.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
11/30/18 11:48 p.m.
Floating Doc said:

These are pretty beat up after a lot of years, bouncing around in boats and a lot of fish. Some of my custom fishing rods from about 1990.

My best guess is that I have built about 300 rods.

Edit: it's not necessarily obvious that all of the details were done with thread. No paint, tape, etc.

My dad used to build rods. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any to take pics of them. He figured out how to put an American Flag in the butt wrap. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
11/30/18 11:53 p.m.

In reply to snailmont5oh :

That's great. There's some amazing things that people have done with thread on fishing rods.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
12/1/18 7:32 a.m.

Rear suspension rockers for my Europa.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
12/1/18 7:35 a.m.

There's also this silly girl.

Ninja edit: for some reason my gif isn't showing up.  I promise - there's plenty of dragon wing flapping going on here.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/1/18 7:52 a.m.

Pumpkin rolls for thanksgiving 

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
12/1/18 8:38 a.m.

I call it the Arch. That's Me and my friend Tarri. Her husband Chris commissioned/bartered with me to make it. $50.00 in scrap.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
12/1/18 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Don't suppose you'd fab up another set of those bitchin' sliders and send them to me for my 96?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A01GwySeqclYXxYNodFi0TCdyMxwBtdoxdddi8TslOFD3wmzdP5d1LiX0PvJ7PSz