1 2 3 4
AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
1/26/23 7:47 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I stand when I pee, so I need a third pedal and a gear lever.

I've heard people say that the  'manual gearbox only' thing was mostly toxic masculinity but I'm just not seeing it...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/26/23 9:11 p.m.

To calarify all of the GT3 cars are paddle shift.  You can use a clutch pedal with them if you want but it isn't totally necessary.  I can help with launches though.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/26/23 10:16 p.m.

A quick video of some of last nights test race with the GT3 cars:

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/26/23 10:57 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

I have the computer, but I need to know a sim rig that has a price that will not make me gag. I will not like a non-feedback one and, I stand when I pee, so I need a third pedal and a gear lever.

I would love to get into this.

Sorry to hear about your insecurities :)

Even the MX5 and GR Cup cars have SADEV sequential boxes.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/27/23 7:20 a.m.

We drive a lot of E36 M3boxes that dont have race gearboxes in some of our other series.  Not going to lie, the shifter makes things fun.  But definitely not needed to get started.  Don't let it hold you back from joining the party.

That said, if you are buying pedals I'd go straight to a 3 pedal setup.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/27/23 1:01 p.m.

Here is an example of one of our "non-floppy paddle" races as Sebring.   I like the clutch cars because it gives me a chance to practice my heal-toe.  It's not exactly the same feel as in a car for me (I have lower end peddles) but the process is the same.  The game will punish you for non clutch shifts most of the time (depends on car), but we don't have damage on, otherwise your transmission would slowly degrade.

Here is a bit more "crappy", with added rotary goodness at Autumn Ring (a Gran Tourismo port):

And a bit of fun at Sebring again (I have to say Fairlane vs Mini races are pretty epic):

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/27/23 7:16 p.m.
aircooled said:

A quick video of some of last nights test race with the GT3 cars:

That was a fun bit of racing between Pro and I.  (I was in the 911). 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/28/23 11:58 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

NSX is super easy to be consistent with, and fairly nice to tires.  Lambo isn't bad either.  I'd recommend taking a few laps in each car just to get a feel.  Bentley and Lexus are pretty docile too.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, the porsches will kill you if you get near a curb.

The Porsches in stock form will kill you if you just look at a curb wrong. laugh  I have a tune for the 2016 that calms  it down a lot. The 2019 is much more difficult to drive and if you tune out the "I want to kill you" handling it slows the car down to much. 

The 911s are really fast but with high risk of crashing.  I really like how they handle so I will take the risk.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/1/23 8:23 p.m.

Season starts in about 30 minutes. If you're interested but not ready to race, join the discord channel. Someone can share the screen and you can watch and participate in the bantering. 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/4/23 9:02 a.m.

I got my replacement computer in and got it up and running with AC and my Fanatec setup.  Still have a bunch of stuff to download and get running with AC, but I hope to be ready for next Wednesday's race.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/4/23 11:15 a.m.

That is really cool!!!!   Do you have discord set up?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/4/23 11:17 a.m.

Let us know what your plans are, and see can see about getting on line a bit early if you need any help with anything.  Always great to have a new person join us!!!

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
2/4/23 2:36 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Thanks!

Discord is one of the things I still need to download.  Going to try to have everything up and running by Monday so I have a couple days to practice.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/8/23 9:22 p.m.

Race 2 starting soon! 

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/10/23 6:29 a.m.
 aircooled said:

Some highlights:

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/10/23 9:37 a.m.

It was some really good racing Wednesday!!!  My attempt at a spin and win did not go to plan.  ;-)

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/15/23 5:14 p.m.

Race 3 tonight.  It's never to late to join in, or just come sit on discord and heckle Dean with the rest of us.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/16/23 8:28 a.m.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I need to get back into this with you guys. Every race needs another back marker.

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/16/23 11:59 a.m.

Some of us are perpetual back markers. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/16/23 1:36 p.m.

Last night was great fun. Hopefully Air has time to put a video together.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/16/23 11:08 p.m.
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/17/23 12:37 a.m.

Air

Cut and past the photos over in the other thread to this thread you.  Those are really good as well!!!

Last night the racing was tighter than any of the previous races!!!!    And only one notable  incident that I know of. The HC system seems to be working really well at pulling the field together making for good racing!!!    I was expecting Daytona to get the cars strung out but that really was not the case.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/17/23 10:59 a.m.

Some Pics

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
2/22/23 3:39 p.m.

Race day.... Spa day... Friendly weekly bump 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/22/23 5:12 p.m.

Thanks Brad!!!

Looking forward to tonight!!  Should be some good close racing. I think Pro is just back from vacation so we are going to have a full field.  Sauce me and Gameboy all have a handy cap. I think it really is anyones race!!   Colin(last season's winner) has been quiet to date but I think he has swapped cars so it would not surprise me if he is in the mix as well.   

Last week's race results and the current standings with the HC that people have. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMjqhRrAy1Xsb83Xq8w8ed6KGYn4wUeJptkcYBQXKPp68l9t1LUiaWqsBWXn9LaM