2 3 4
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/2/23 8:05 a.m.

What a night of racing!!!!   The turnout continues to grow and it is making for great racing all through the field. A big thanks to everyone that showed up. The more people that show up the better the racing is!!!  .  

I had some really close racing with Gameboy in the first race and Mike in the second race. The handy-cap system is working the way we want.  The racing was very close with some new faces up near the front and some of the really fast guys are no longer running away from the pack.  Sauce has now set the record for the highest HC ever in a series

I can not stress it enough how appreciative I am to everyone the showed up. It is the participation of you all that make this work and fun for everyone.  

A new thing I have been messing with is live streaming the race.  Last night was a test. I need to get the volume levels better but that worked!!!    

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/4/23 11:15 p.m.

Highlights from Redbull Ring:

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/5/23 12:25 p.m.

Going to work more on the body swapped RX-7 tonight and also get some laps in at Bathurst. I need to practice as the 911 is a bit sketchy to drive through the up hill section.  Just before  the top of the hill.  

bumpsteer
bumpsteer New Reader
3/5/23 2:00 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Got the opposite problem over here... I've gotten the lambo to the point that it turns in nicely on the uphills, which has made the downhill section a bit hairy under braking.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/5/23 2:53 p.m.

You can set some buttons to adjust brake balance and click up a few clicks at the downhill, and hope you don't forget surprise

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/10/23 7:54 a.m.

Bathurst was one of the closest races we have had yet. The HC system has now pulled the field closer together than ever. It has made for really great racin. 

I would also like to thank all those that have joined us this season.  It is weird that while racing is not a team sport in the normal sense of things in Sim racing it is.  Everyone is on the same team to have fun while all wanting to win.

So again a huge thanks to those that have recently joined us!!!

This is fare from being decided but it looks like next season there will be a very good chance we will be racing Miatas. These are great fun. They are also a great car for those that are new to sim racing.   

So if anyone is on the fence about joining or is wanting to but is a bit intimidated this is a great series to give it a try. 

Lastly GRM & Tom deserve a shout out as well. They allow us to have this space on the internet here on there Forums.  It is greatly appreciated!!!   The number of people racing with us has grown thanks to GRM letting us promote sim racing on there site.  

Oh one more thing. There will be a T-Shirt coming that promotes the series when those come available please take a look. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/10/23 8:37 a.m.
dean1484 said:

we will be racing Miatas. These are great fun.

Who are you and what have you done with Dean?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/10/23 1:10 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
dean1484 said:

we will be racing Miatas. These are great fun.

Who are you and what have you done with Dean?

Hay I am just being a positive person!!!!   

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/11/23 6:22 p.m.

Some pics from Wednesday:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/11/23 6:23 p.m.

Some highlights.  Yes, it was a challenging race:

Nxda
Nxda
3/13/23 11:40 a.m.

A little help please... I am new to AC and Discord. I have found the GRM server but it is locked. Discord appears to be an invite only thing... So how do I make my way into both? 

Thanks!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/13/23 12:46 p.m.

This is your first, post so we may be a bit suspicious :)

Find me on Discord and send a PM, from there you will get an invite then it will be clear

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/15/23 8:42 a.m.

Tonight is going to be a really good race. Sauce has finally been slowed to the pace of us mere  mortals by the HC.  This is a track that I think is  well known so I am hoping that we have some tight racing.  Game boy Mike and Stephen are all front runners. Brad is a spoiler that could shake up the points.  Pro and Colin are also spoilers. Both real fast here and can easily pull a win but due to scheduling are not fighting for the season points win. Sauce has the season points all but locked.  I have a slim chance of catching him but it is highly unlikely.  I think I would have to win both the next to races and Sauce would have to finish out of the points. But with the added HC I would get and several other drivers being very fast the chances of this happening are slim.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/15/23 8:50 a.m.

We will start warming up the T shirt press with the " I'm on a flyer" T shirt.  laugh

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/15/23 8:57 a.m.

Tom. If you by chance are reading this thread we are considering cloning your Miata from the recent article you put up for use as the next seasons car.  This would give the readers the opportunity to virtually drive the GRM v6 swapped car. If possible your input on performance and handling would be great.   

Everyone could drive this car virtually. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/20/23 1:12 a.m.

Highlights of the last race.  LOTS of cars showed up, so there was a lot of action... some of it a bit like Sebring (!):

andy_b
andy_b Reader
3/20/23 10:26 a.m.

I didn't see myself in the highlight reel on my first time out, which I'll take to mean I successfully stayed out of the way.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/23 12:34 p.m.

I wish I could drive all the tracks like I can drive that one!!!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/21/23 7:24 a.m.

Well tomorrow is the last race of the series. We have had some great racing!!!   And even better  we have had the field of racers increase quite a bit. Last weeks race we had more than a dozen people join in. This lead to some great racing all through the field.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/27/23 11:00 p.m.

Highlights and a few pics from the final race:

Congratulation to Sauce for the series win!

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/28/23 9:02 a.m.

Great video Air!!!   The Bentley 911 battle was Sauce and I. That was lots of fun!!  I also had a great couple laps with Colin in the 2nd race.

This week is testing of NA Miata's. And if time allows several other cars of similar speed.  The following week we will test some older cars and maybe a coupe open wheel cars (Things Air has suggested and are on the Google drive). Testing is going to be using the race format but the sessions cut down to 7-10 minutes. I am hoping to test 4 cars a night.

The new season should start on April 12th.  

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9wg6O660mFaQjAy6E5KTYm0IRtSO2OHiVvnMC6lDwsKEvVxnGFHYhCZUBDL0ddop