12 13 14
onemanarmy
onemanarmy New Reader
6/26/17 7:41 a.m.

Your first estimate was spot on though. Good on that guy.

All the drywall was fixed too? You said the house 'shifted'....how did they square up the entire house?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
6/26/17 8:14 a.m.

Wow, that is impressive. How long did the actual construction take?

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
6/26/17 8:18 a.m.

Glad you got it fixed, finally.

This thread reminds me to be thankful that I'm 600', across a creek, and up a hill from the road. I'm not sure I'd have been as patient as you.

A tank trap or at least a ditch with soft sand sounds like the ticket for you.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
6/26/17 8:47 a.m.

The house was jacked up and supported where it belongs while they jackhammered and pulled out the foundation and rebuilt the knee wall so everything is squared up.

I think it was done in 6 weeks but that includes having to come back for (very high quality) finish work and paint.

We paid an extra $900 to the crew that was repairing the yard and they stripped the entire front lawn, added 3" screened loam and hydroseeded.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/26/17 1:14 p.m.

Awesome! I too was certain my blood pressure was going to skyrocket after I saw this pop up. Glad to hear things age finally getting back to normal.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
6/26/17 1:38 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote:
Pete Gossett wrote:
mndsm wrote: A moat. Everyone needs a moat.
And if you have a moat, it *needs* to have gators. Face it, you know you wanted the gators anyway. Now you have the justification for them.
Or at the very least, ill-tempered sea bass.

Piranha.

Congrats on finally getting the house fixed!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
6/26/17 1:40 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Awesome! I too was certain my blood pressure was going to skyrocket after I saw this pop up. Glad to hear things age finally getting back to normal.

Nice! Feels good to have people care enough that it potentially affects their mental state!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
6/26/17 7:58 p.m.

Congrats on getting this fixed!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
6/26/17 9:35 p.m.

Looks good! I'm glad to see this resolved. It sounds like the new adjuster and contractor were able to come to terms on the scope and pricing.

Curious. Did you end up getting all the siding done? It looks like the windows were replaced. How much framing (if any) had to be redone outside of the basement or did it end up being mostly drywall and paint work? Also curious if they end up paying for the grass/ landscaping in their estimate or if that was outside Libertys scope.

12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g5iB3ppPwNRS7lyJtgB4yM0qPtmahdG2E6C0Yjad4uCARbmTkxGO1YcipeYEwLc5