1 2 3 4 5
pres589
pres589 UltraDork
3/14/15 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

You know, the proportions would be all wrong, but something in the style of a Locost 7 might be really nice to do with this as the major parts donor. Jag IRS out back, V12 up front, run sidepipes (which I normally dislike but this is different).

Schmidlap
Schmidlap HalfDork
3/14/15 12:39 p.m.

Over at Jag-lovers.org you can download a free 700 page book all about owning/fixing/modifying the XJS. Here's the link.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/14/15 1:01 p.m.

In reply to pres589:

Scale it up. A 5/4 scale 7 (9.5?) could work

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
3/14/15 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Wally:

Maybe it'd be easier for the OP to just slice the top off, cut the middle out of the car, and create a two seater XJ12?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/14/15 1:24 p.m.
Wally wrote: How much is a t-bucket kit? A plastic tub attached to a Jag engine and axles sounds like as good a way as any to collect on my life insurance.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
3/14/15 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon: My God!! You don't see one of those everyday.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/14/15 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

I like my excess to be excessivly excessive.

b13990
b13990 Reader
3/14/15 3:20 p.m.

Is it just me, or does that Model T look like it could really use some fatter tires?

Mel22
Mel22 New Reader
3/14/15 3:47 p.m.
GeorgeWalton wrote: To be honest, a big part of the reason I bought it was because I have heard that an uncorked V12 is one of those sounds that everyone needs to hear at least once in their lifetime.

From personal experience at Summit Point, Pocono, and Watkins Glen, absolutely.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
3/14/15 4:00 p.m.

Every time someone mentions a Jag V12 I have to go find this:Tom Watkinson

Rogue
Rogue New Reader
3/14/15 6:12 p.m.

I have a XJS thats sacrificing its suspension for my '41 Coupe. Imagine a Taildragger that handles! ;)

stroker
stroker SuperDork
3/14/15 6:22 p.m.

Know anyone building a 5/8 scale Hurricane or Spitfire or Mustang?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/14/15 6:35 p.m.
b13990 wrote: Is it just me, or does that Model T look like it could really use some fatter tires?

I think that's probably the only one.

lrrs
lrrs New Reader
3/14/15 7:00 p.m.

Any one know what the v12 weighs? Just the engine with all the accessories needed to run.

Thanks.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
3/14/15 7:03 p.m.

In reply to b13990:

Yeah T buckets just look wrong (read: not crazy enough) without giant tires out back.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/14/15 7:04 p.m.

In reply to lrrs:

According to this chart:

http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights.html

a minimum of 640 pounds and a max of 792.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
3/14/15 7:18 p.m.
06HHR wrote: They had one of the IMSA TWR Jaguars on display at the Rolex this year, they ran it a bit Sunday morning. To call the sound of that V12 through open pipes glorious would not come close to doing it justice.. Gut the interior, run sidepipes on it and scare the neighborhood children..

And it went to auction today in Amelia. Don't know if it sold.

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1071831

lrrs
lrrs New Reader
3/14/15 7:32 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: In reply to lrrs: According to this chart: http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/engineweights.html a minimum of 640 pounds and a max of 792.

Thanks. Awesome link. Seems heavy but from your link I see there are some lighter v12 to dream about. I still one day hope to own a xjs.

Thanks again.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/14/15 8:56 p.m.

Raise your hand if you just went on c-list to find a similar car.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
3/14/15 9:36 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Raise your hand if you just went on c-list to find a similar car.

Guilty

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/15 10:20 p.m.
Rogue wrote: I have a XJS thats sacrificing its suspension for my '41 Coupe. Imagine a Taildragger that handles! ;)

HOLY E36 M3! That's Gene Winfield! Nice!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/15 10:23 p.m.
lrrs wrote: Any one know what the v12 weighs? Just the engine with all the accessories needed to run. Thanks.

Enough that that T-bucket needs a transverse leaf spring AND coilovers.

GeorgeWalton
GeorgeWalton New Reader
3/14/15 10:31 p.m.

Wow, I was not expecting this type of response. As i mentioned earlier, I will get a couple of pics up on Monday. Too bad pictures do not convey smell though. This thing is just a little nasty. I still have not worked up the nerve to sit in it. I really don't think the interior can be saved. Curmudgeon, I'll get in touch with you at the same time. I was originally thinking eventual hill climb and autocross, but I am hearing Challenge a lot. I went, way back in 2004, with a hopelessly under prepared rotary powered VW Bug. I had a blast, but definitely feel like I left a lot on the table. If I can talk someone here, who probably knows who they are, into lending some expertise and advise, (as long as he does not tell me to use a rotary and is willing to work for beer), I could be talked into it. Stay tuned.

singleslammer
singleslammer UltraDork
3/14/15 10:41 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

Yep, none in my area.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
3/14/15 11:00 p.m.

One of these days the cheap V12 Jag will be over...

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pmJXlGx37AOd4BLfZgaGmaltdTVrDgpiPmuQg1bkis6yYQzG4IfWDcluMvAU4DnR