1 2 3 4
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
2/26/16 9:50 a.m.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
2/26/16 10:16 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Unfortunately not that I could find. I was also told that when you jack it up to do it per axle, otherwise you can blow out one of the air springs.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/26/16 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Rusted_Busted_Spit:

Fun fact! The R350 and R500 have two heights, regular and monster truck, which is 2 inches higher, for running Dakar and what not. The R63 monster truck mode is only 1.7 inches higher, but, when you turn it off in regular mode, it auto lowers .87 inches. It pretty much hard parks itself. That makes me happy.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/26/16 10:24 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote:

I have a friend importing R32 Skylines and other oddities from Japan, legally and successfully. I spend a lot of time and mental energy not looking at how much it would cost to bring one of these in.
For now.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/26/16 10:26 a.m.

The rear camber is a bit much, but that's because it's on air and is dropped all the way down at the moment. But the big thing to notice is it has a 1035hp turbo J35 with a 6-speed. God bless Bisimoto.

Robbie
Robbie SuperDork
2/26/16 10:47 a.m.

In reply to NickD:

No grill - just FMIC

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
2/26/16 11:38 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Last Hi Jack. I may or may not have raised our R to go over a curb to circumvent a construction area instead of turning around.

ahutson03
ahutson03 Reader
2/26/16 12:07 p.m.

http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/parts_product/toyota_prius_v_alpha_suspensio.html

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/26/16 12:16 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

Like a boss.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
2/26/16 1:23 p.m.

I never understood why the Nissan Quest didn't get more attention for that kind of stuff. They are essentially Nissan Maxima's which are good modable (is that a word?) cars...

1st gen:

2nd gen:

Those were the lightest big minivans you could get at the time.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/26/16 1:40 p.m.

It's really hard to find any photos of modified '04+ Nissan Quest vans (the second version above.)

I wouldn't call the 04+ light at over 4k# but it is the longest wheelbase.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/26/16 1:47 p.m.

http://bfy.tw/4TKc

This is what you need.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie HalfDork
2/26/16 1:49 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

failboat
failboat UberDork
2/27/16 7:02 a.m.

the 2nd gen nissan quest also had a cool moonroof option

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/27/16 7:04 a.m.

...and optional Terra cotta colored leather interior.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/27/16 10:33 a.m.

What do you guys think of the gen 2 Sedona. They are cheap and look pretty good. Is the 5 speed auto reasonably durable? It has the lambda v6 so that is a pretty know quantity.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/27/16 1:37 p.m.

Opinions of them around here are generally positive. They're underappreciated.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Dork
2/27/16 5:39 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote:
I have a friend importing R32 Skylines and other oddities from Japan, legally and successfully. I spend a lot of time and mental energy not looking at how much it would cost to bring one of these in. For now.

There is one of these at the local used car dealer 15 minutes from my house. Exact same color too.

kilgoretrout
kilgoretrout Reader
2/27/16 5:49 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote:
I have a friend importing R32 Skylines and other oddities from Japan, legally and successfully. I spend a lot of time and mental energy not looking at how much it would cost to bring one of these in. For now.
There is one of these at the local used car dealer 15 minutes from my house. Exact same color too.

My neighbor has one, also in the same color. Although it is pretty cool, I get a little nervous when I see his two little girls in that thing. There's no way in hell that would survive a crash with anything bigger than a moped.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
2/28/16 11:08 p.m.
kilgoretrout wrote:
vwcorvette wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote:
My neighbor has one, also in the same color. Although it is pretty cool, I get a little nervous when I see his two little girls in that thing. There's no way in hell that would survive a crash with anything bigger than a moped.

You'd be surprised how well they actually fare in accidents. There are threads on the Delica forum that show some pretty good whacks and the vans survived pretty well. They are more ruggedly built than they look. All that being said I don't want to test it out. My US-spec one had a much larger front bumper, and man that thing was rugged looking behind the skin. I bet you could hang a plow on that sucker.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
2/29/16 6:39 a.m.

That's a great photo of your Delica.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
2/29/16 11:16 a.m.
Robbie wrote:
java230 wrote: In reply to Robbie: Details on this?!
No idea. Google image search is how I found it.

I know the guy that built this Odyssey. He blew up his turbocharged NSX and decided to finish the TT season with the minivan. IIRC, he made no power mods. He just gutted the interior and threw some slicks on 18x9 enkeis.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/29/16 11:44 a.m.

Based on how my 87 Montero is built i doubt the Delica is flimsy, but where you are within it could be a problem.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
3/1/16 1:01 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: That's a great photo of your Delica.

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for it, but it was a friend that did an article on my Deli. It was a fun day, and I miss the beach trips even though I'm not much of a beach person. Spring isn't too far away though.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
3/2/16 8:37 a.m.

Given that big isn't big enough when you're talking about the family hauler, I took a look at these after I saw a family roll up to the pool in one last summer. Surprisingly cheap, and presumably they'd hold up pretty well. Might be a bit much around town and in parking lots, but definitely worth a look.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yvoRwwjujqz7WzYvRKxuBE9hAmo5koyGA31bcNV3aB6SNIJRDzfvNihVQd2Ed3g7