1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/6/13 7:25 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: In reply to JG Pasterjak: That showroom.. The photography style.. Did you pick that up from chicago motor cars off of north avenue per chance? Hence the flight.

Indeed, and I read the horror stories in advance as well. But I have to say that my experience from front to back does not jive with any of that stuff. I'm not saying no one has ever had a bad experience there, I'm just saying mine was good. They actually went above and beyond to provide photos and info, and allow a third party to inspect the car. Honestly, I'd have to say the car I just drove home was better than the one I was expecting. Maybe I happened to talk to the one honest salesman there, or maybe I got the one good car they've ever sold, or maybe it just burst into flames in the driveway and I haven't noticed yet.

jg

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
10/6/13 8:09 p.m.

I think the stock wheels look pretty darn good, car looks great as-is!

Josh
Josh SuperDork
10/6/13 8:14 p.m.

Sure, some of the cars I steal for Simeon are still in really nice shape when he gets them :). Really I just thought the similarity to the game was sort of amusing (foreign owner, high end cars, pissed off customers, etc).

Most used car dealers that have been around a little while have a few vocally angry customers online. The place I bought my 07 S2000 had an bad yelp review and a thread on Nasioc bashing them, but they both seemed to be from the same guy who bought an STi that blew the motor, and it seemed equally likely that he was just an idiot and blamed the dealer for what he did to it. That website I linked to doesn't seem particularly coherent, a lot of it is just this guy "exposing" that the place is buying cars on ebay then listing on their own website at higher prices, as if he doesn't realize that's kinda the whole point of running a car dealership.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
10/6/13 8:19 p.m.

I am digging the Meshies. I have wanted one of these for a while and now you have only increased my desire. Fly and drive seems to be the way to get one of these. They are getting surprisingly cheap.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
10/6/13 8:29 p.m.
t25torx wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
I like this.. this is what you should do.

With plasti-dip you could do that and tell your wife it's permanent. :D

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EouNryvxWKvEWdUptDBAolCfJBMI5Lr7rE9s6EvlJid6GhlMS5NHDX7tiFGh7c2Y