spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/24/19 11:06 a.m.

Solo Nationals 2019.... Who's going? 

I'll be there at minimum Thursday & Friday Running in STH with the Audi TT. 

Registration opens tomorrow night at 6pm... sold out in 3 days last year and with the 2 tier registration this year there are only 1100 open spots left after nationals champs, chiefs and such. 

I'd love to have a GRM member dinner on one of the weeknights that isn't a banquet.. Normally I'd suggest Monday for lunch, but my Monday attendance is near 0% probability this year.. 

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/25/19 6:08 p.m.

well 1100 people trying at once and the motorsport reg servers died 

tb
tb Dork
6/25/19 7:37 p.m.

It took me just over an hour, but I eventually managed to get registered...

I'll be running my Legacy GT wagon in SM and I am always down for dinner.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/25/19 7:45 p.m.

I hope to be there but, like many others, will be trying again tomorrow. 

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/25/19 7:54 p.m.

I jokingly referred to the Toledo 3 minute Sellout as the Annual Toledo internet speed and Ping test...

I expect I'll get in.. but also don't really care anymore... if I'm in awesome.. otherwise the 2 vacation days will go to another event... like maybe the Challenge? 

the postponed registration until at least tomorrow at 6pm.... we'll see how it goes.. there are now 400 already registered... so 925 spots remain.. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/26/19 12:37 p.m.

Honestly, no.  I don’t know why but big events that require hundreds of miles traveled and days in a hotel don’t really appeal to me.  

I suppose i’m Just as happy doing local events.

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
6/26/19 1:05 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

And there's nothing wrong with that. But there's a level of competition you will not find anywhere else. Watching the best of the sport go to battle and being there in the fight with them. 

There's also so much more to nationals than what you find between the cones on course. I am very sad I can't go for the whole week this year because it's a week long party. 

Spokes has the biergarden, Canada does the whiskey night and has their pool out.. Yes they actually bring a pool, inflate it and then fill it... 

I can go on.. But so much of the fun of nationals is what happens when you're not out on course. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/26/19 3:03 p.m.

From the SCCA, although since it was mailed half an hour ago it might be old news by now:

Members of the National Solo community:

As most of you know, we had a massive failure Tuesday evening with the launch of “open” registration for the 2019 Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals. There are underlying technical details, but simply put, our registration service providerMotorsportReg.com had its service crash.

This is unacceptable to our members. SCCA’s goal is to provide a great experience to our members, but what you got was frustration and aggravation. We apologize for that and the time many of you spent trying to register. SCCA needs to serve you better.

MSR has owned this failure both publicly and to SCCA. We were in communication with them prior to the scheduled opening time and have been since the first sign of an issue. As many have pointed out, this is not the first time that this has happened. After the issue in 2016, MSR improved its service, although the last several years of good performance is little solace for those that dealt with Tuesday’s issues. All existing paid registrations are valid. If you see your name on the entry list (https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.status/uidEvent/BAD3FD90-A412-5198-528B9EBA808A5BA5), no additional action is required. As of this posting, 400 competitors have registered for the event capped at 1325 registrations.

Because MSR needs time to ensure that its issues are addressed and the system performs as we all expected and to give people adequate time to plan to register for the event, we are delaying the re-opening of registration until Monday, July 1st at 6 pm CDT. We understand that any time we pick will be inconvenient for some. That said, we want to give the community adequate time to plan our re-run.

Sincerely,

Eric Prill, SCCA VP & COO

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
7/1/19 6:24 p.m.

Still cant get in!!!!

Update: I was able to register but man what a pain

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/1/19 6:37 p.m.

In reply to echoechoecho :

Keep trying I'm in.

JG looks like he's really close to getting in.. 

Kylini
Kylini Dork
7/1/19 8:11 p.m.

Isn't it early for this thread? I thought Nats were in late summer. It's only...

...oh yeaaaah.

Right.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/1/19 9:13 p.m.

UGH...

With much drama and grief, I'm in. 

Now to remember how to drive on 200tw tires...

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/1/19 9:37 p.m.
Kylini said:

Isn't it early for this thread? I thought Nats were in late summer. It's only...

...oh yeaaaah.

Right.

i mean registration opens for events months ahead of time and people generally know if they're going as it opens. it's about to sell out the 925 entries that were still open as of today. 1270 entries and counting.. cap is 1325. 

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/1/19 9:38 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

UGH...

With much drama and grief, I'm in. 

Now to remember how to drive on 200tw tires...

I finally got traction right as I was about to throw the towel in.. but it was extremely aggrivating

tb
tb Dork
7/3/19 11:57 a.m.

I am very happy to see that some of you guys were finally able to get in. I almost felt bad about taking a coveted entry slot away from a random, hardcore parking lot master in search of a jacket with my guaranteed last place daily driver... almost.

Since this is my first trip to the big event I am sure you can imagine that I really have no idea about how the whole thing goes down. So, I am nominating anyone else to make a plan to meet up or to point me towards anything else of interest; my thanks in advance.

It will be a major effort just to get my crippled ass to Lincoln and make a few runs; I don't even have decent tires lined up yet and might not be able to change them myself, anyway! That said, I am planning on being there all week and am very much looking forward to a fun experience.

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/3/19 1:12 p.m.

In reply to tb :

keep me in the loop if you run into issues as we get closer. 

what class are you signed up in? 

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/3/19 1:13 p.m.

tb
tb Dork
7/3/19 2:04 p.m.
spacecadet said:

In reply to tb :

keep me in the loop if you run into issues as we get closer. 

what class are you signed up in? 

Will do, i will probably have some questions when I think about it more.

I'm in street modified but the car isn't really anything more than a decent street cruiser... I'll still have fun, anyway

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
7/3/19 3:52 p.m.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my 3 trips to Nationals. 

However, with Time Trials Nats being so close to home, I’m not sure that I’ll ever make it back to Lincoln. 70 miles to NCM compared to 900 miles to Lincoln makes it a pretty easy choice for me. 

spacecadet
spacecadet HalfDork
7/3/19 4:13 p.m.

In reply to Spoolpigeon :

totally get that. If i hadn't had the competitive ride in the STH audi TT I would have probably skipped just because I burned so much vacation on one lap and There's some other stuff I'd like to go to. 

tb
tb Dork
9/1/19 5:27 p.m.

Made it to Lincoln, just about 7 hours even from downtown Denver.

Already bumped into a few other autocrossers in the hotel lobby while checking in!

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
9/1/19 6:59 p.m.

In reply to tb :

Good luck man! I'm coming in late wednesday. 

tb
tb Dork
9/2/19 11:14 a.m.

Row 36 on the runway side

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6c0TxH8AcTDV15EaDO59xcSeMefsI8jJzBiLtn4GbzYcbhEChWDQirKaZlRKncfQ