Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/12/16 3:36 p.m.

Number to thousandths of an inch, please. I've been all through Redlines site, and can't find what I want.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/12/16 3:41 p.m.

Or, I suppose, just the math. A 32/36 has a 140 main jet, which is .056"...so what does the number mean?

Modern gas needs bigger jet.

02Pilot
02Pilot Dork
9/12/16 3:46 p.m.

I don't know that such a thing exists - at least I've never seen one. Braden notes that Weber jets are marked after they are drilled and tested for flow, which suggests non-standard sizing.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) MegaDork
9/12/16 3:50 p.m.

Which weber carb?

Also Main jet, idle or accelerator pump jets?

This might help though:

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/393.htm

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/12/16 3:54 p.m.

32/36 DGV, main jets. I would presume the number/size should be common to all the different jets and air correctors, unless the numbers really are just a random selection.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
9/12/16 8:01 p.m.

I thought the jet number was the orifice size. So a 140 would be 1.4mm, a 165 would be 1.65mm, and so on.

Guess I'm wrong

subrew
subrew Reader
9/12/16 8:17 p.m.

They do.

"Weber main jet sizing nomenclature refers to the flow rate in hundredths of a millimeter (0.01mm). A 150 main jet, for example, flows the same as a perfect hole with a 1.50mm diameter. Larger numbers make the engine run richer from off-idle to about midrange RPM. Jets are sold individually."

What are you using the 32/36 on? I've got some jet maps for various cars the 32/36 is popular on, and could possibly give you a ballpark starting point.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/12/16 8:38 p.m.

I have the starting point, but its based on real gasoline, not the alcohol laced swill we have to burn now. B20 Volvo, 140/135 mains, and it had a horrible lean surge. I used my torch tip drills, and took the primary main from .055 (1.4mm) to about .062. Its almost perfect now, but still has a wee lean surge in certain conditions. I know its a sin to drill jets, so I thought I'd order some, but didn't know the sizing.

Not sure why I didn't think metric. Its Italian, ferchrissakes.

Something in the 160-170 range will work, and I think I'll jet the secondary about the same.

Thanks.

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
9/13/16 8:41 a.m.

Don't forget to look at the air corrector size, that will fine tune the air/fuel ratio, which seems to be what you're trying to do. To tune a Weber carb you really should have the book that explains their operation.

redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie Reader
9/13/16 1:44 p.m.

I'd step down an air corrector jet before doing anything else. Fuel jets affect certain rpm ranges and throttle positions where as air correctors affect a broader spectrum.

Also, what psi are you running to the Weber? They like 3.5psi. And timing is normally advanced at base to between 12-15 degrees and 33-35 degrees all in at 3000 rpm.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PNwGsP3rgdKcEfPsFScFpbZoZvuiX5QzfLHXACnfBoQIuwjMneIgrTDGm1i9Mcdu