1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/28/22 3:46 p.m.
Stampie said:
David S. Wallens said:

Plus we know that everyone here will behave. smiley

Why did you look at me when you said that?

Because you're my star student. :) 

David S. Wallens
9/28/22 4:50 p.m.

And so far, so good over here. Gutters are guttering, and I just cleaned the leaves and a plastic bag out of the sewer down the street. 

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
9/28/22 5:42 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
914Driver said:

... and I thought JG was the comedian.  Hang tough folks, fill in the blanks when you can.  

Oh yeah, David is wicked funny. Main downside of working from home now is that I miss the belly laughs I could count on at lunch with JG and David.

Margie

Booger

Oh my god, yes.

Good times.

Stay safe, y'all.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/28/22 6:09 p.m.

"Hurricane you say? Oh, you must be speaking of 'everything is a pond week.' Yes, we give it our highest endorsement."

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/28/22 6:25 p.m.

I splurged a few months ago and bought metal panels to replace the giant abomination made of three sheets of plywood that used to cover my front window.

Worth it. Even if the wind doesn't blow much this time. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/28/22 6:28 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

"Everything is a pond week" was so overdone this year.  We get it Florida, you like ponds, you want more of them.  We don't need every week to be "everything is a pond week."

David S. Wallens
9/28/22 11:47 p.m.

Don't want to jinx it–I know, too late–but we still have power.

We're now within the edge of the cone, too, for whatever that's worth. (Although the wind/rain picked up as I typed that sentence.)

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/29/22 5:12 a.m.

All right...  that's the last time I ever ride out a nearly Cat 5 direct hit.  Gusts of 155mph are not fun to listen to while you pray for your house to stay together.  I think the cats were calmer than I was.  Being inside the eye is a weird experience.  Very calm, while you hear the wind in the distance.

As soon as the sun comes up, I'll be able to see what the outside looks like.  So far, no water that I can find inside, so that's encouraging.

So to sum up - 1 out of 10, would not recommend!

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/29/22 6:16 a.m.

So much rain!  Water piled up where i have never seen water hold up before. I think i could kayak around the house.  The house is up extra high. So no risk of flooding in. 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/29/22 6:46 a.m.

Still good David? Based on the radar images, you all are still getting inundated with heavy rain. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/29/22 8:46 a.m.

David has no power or internet, cell is spotty, but otherwise good, he says. And holy hell, racerfink, you rode this out?!! Allow me to buy you a beverage of your choice from whatever stock you still have. Glad you're okay. Your east coast brethren are heartbroken over some of the photos we're seeing from y'all.

Margie

JG Pasterjak
9/29/22 9:12 a.m.

Fink did your roof stay on because you had it strapped to your enormous tungsten balls? Glad you made it through but holy hell man, that must have been a ride. 
we've got a mess, but no real disaster. No power,  it we have a generator and internet. The amount of water is unreal, though. 

madmrak351
madmrak351 Reader
9/29/22 10:30 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

If you don’t mind me asking: what is the motorcycle next to the MR2?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
9/29/22 12:18 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

The phase of hurricane prep where I put five vehicles in a three car garage is complete.smiley 

I guess I'm always prepping for a hurricane...

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/22 12:36 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

I was gonna say, my 3 car shop has 5 vehicles in it currently as well, but it's because I'm a packrat and like to be close to all my worldly belongings. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/29/22 1:38 p.m.

And here in north Ormond Beach, the storm is almost over. I haven't been outside, but from what i can see from my windows we had minimal damage. Guess I will head out to the shop to work on chain saws and blowers instead of projects cars this afternoon.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
9/29/22 2:18 p.m.

Good luck to all you guys , watch out for live electric wires .

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/29/22 8:24 p.m.

Well, the initial inspection at 7am showed that several shingles have broken off where they peeled back and broke in half.  Only one spot over the garage that is showing the tar paper underneath.  A few places where the soffit and fascia had enough and decided leaving was better than resisting, and the top to my well aerator was the extent of my damage.

The power GRID is down, so it might be weeks before I see power.  But, I'm alive and I have a dry place to sleep.  The rest I can deal with.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/29/22 8:34 p.m.

Stay safe, y'all.  Don't get it on your hootus.

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
9/29/22 8:43 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

I went to a race in Texas right about the time Ian formed.  I got back about midnight Monday night.  Spent Tuesday putting up the storm shutters and wondering why the construction crew for the house next door left so much debris behind, along with a Porta potty.  At least most of their debris was underwater before things got interesting.  Havn't seen a single clue of the Porta potty anywhere.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/29/22 8:59 p.m.

Waddya all fussin' about .......jus a bootiful day in da hood .....bring it

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
9/30/22 12:13 a.m.

I hope everybody made it through well enough down there!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/30/22 12:38 a.m.

In reply to madmrak351 :

It's a G650GS. Here's the build thread

madmrak351
madmrak351 Reader
9/30/22 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Ok, Thanks. I could not recognize the back of the mufflers as anything that matched my Japanese bike knowledge.  BMW!! I read you cross Georgia thread and enjoyed/envied the adventure!

JG Pasterjak
9/30/22 1:45 p.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

"Hurricane you say? Oh, you must be speaking of 'everything is a pond week.' Yes, we give it our highest endorsement."

And here's the "after" shot. Pond is up just a smidge. 

and now also includes most of the yard between the shop and the road. 

they think they're in a theme park

A truck bedliner came to live with me. Neither I nor my neighbor knows whose it is. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BXsMSI62qmo0RCJY91qfbhPv6XJiLh0coT69zSkznNHsAXWwfDZzki3gvYJKEifE