Scott Lear
Scott Lear
6/24/16 12:26 p.m.

Decades ago, the clever German engineers at BMW discovered a way to get sports car people to fall in love with a fairly upright and boxy sedan: They made it seriously fun. They perfected the formula in the early 1980s with the E30-chassis BMW 3 Series, which married a torquey and willing inline-six…

Read the rest of the story

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
6/21/17 11:41 a.m.

This article has me seriously interested in spec racing. I know from the article that the e30/e36 spec racing are well withing budget for me when i return to the states in a few years. at the same time i don't want to be racing cars from the 80's since as the article said, cheap part sources dry up.

what's a good series to be looking forward to? if companies are selling spec cars at 10k im assuming the average joe in a garage can put together a similar car in the 5-7k range (car included. springs, control arms/camber equip etc is not that hard to put together. the only thing i'd be paying big money for is for someone to weld in a cage for me or i'll be buying a bolt together option.

Taylor Johnson
Taylor Johnson New Reader
3/30/22 9:51 a.m.

When can we get a follow up on this article? Spec3 is seeing a big resurgance and the rules have been tweaked to make the cars much faster. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AAgbcSNSTdZPcM1B3CdKuR30QrfPGcqCPC59VslUQuQfJFTarQ4RDun00AjVhifM