Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/4/19 11:03 a.m.

Spied at Solo Nats. Thoughts?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/4/19 11:07 a.m.

Wait, what? Falken is *finally* going to update their 200TW tire?!?

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
9/4/19 11:09 a.m.

#rt215folyfe

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/4/19 11:14 a.m.

Boy, those bear a striking similarity to the RE71R. Weird. I just hope there is a 245/40R15 option. 

freetors
freetors Reader
9/4/19 11:50 a.m.

Ehh they'll probably still be a second off the pace.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
9/4/19 11:52 a.m.

Loved them but hated their weight.

aw614
aw614 Reader
9/4/19 11:52 a.m.
NickD said:

Boy, those bear a striking similarity to the RE71R. Weird. I just hope there is a 245/40R15 option. 

Or Dunlop ZII which the RE71r looks like

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
9/4/19 7:52 p.m.

I do like the bi-directionality of the current RT615K but I'm excited to hear about these. I'm still fond of the Direzza Z2 but that's come and gone.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/5/19 7:37 a.m.

I liked the 615k's. But then again I've never been a pointy end driver that the tire was what held me back. 

LanEvo
LanEvo Dork
9/5/19 12:53 p.m.
bobzilla said:

I liked the 615k's. But then again I've never been a pointy end driver that the tire was what held me back. 

Me, too. They're cheap, take a beating, and give good feedback. Had great experiences with the Hankook R-S3 as well. But I'm a back-marker and care more about tire feel, longevity, and price than outright grip.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
9/5/19 12:59 p.m.
aw614 said:
NickD said:

Boy, those bear a striking similarity to the RE71R. Weird. I just hope there is a 245/40R15 option. 

Or Dunlop ZII which the RE71r looks like

There used to be a rumor that the ZII and 615k were the same compound - is there a relation there?

LanEvo
LanEvo Dork
9/5/19 1:01 p.m.

^^^ BTW, I remember paying just over $50 per corner for the original RT-215 to fit the stock 14" basketweaves on my E30 318is. That would have been around 2002 or so. Tough to beat at that price!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/5/19 1:08 p.m.
LanEvo said:
bobzilla said:

I liked the 615k's. But then again I've never been a pointy end driver that the tire was what held me back. 

Me, too. They're cheap, take a beating, and give good feedback. Had great experiences with the Hankook R-S3 as well. But I'm a back-marker and care more about tire feel, longevity, and price than outright grip.

so funny, the RS-3 V2 were my fave 200TW tire. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
9/5/19 3:00 p.m.
LanEvo said:

^^^ BTW, I remember paying just over $50 per corner for the original RT-215 to fit the stock 14" basketweaves on my E30 318is. That would have been around 2002 or so. Tough to beat at that price!

I'm kicking myself a little bit with the new car.  Decent wheel + tire package in 17" is looking at about $1300 (on sale).  A year ago I got an awesome package for my older car in 15" for < half of that.  :(

Our Preferred Partners
roxSkkrzuUKDxp25AUwki5uSb1ahH76BaH9jFipEpO1MinqUWIHHD4nl5jtArPzI