miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/9/12 5:41 p.m.

If you are looking for a stainless steel brake line kit for cheap, hit up 5X Racing. Got a sale on them for $75 with a $5 flat shipping rate and they are made by Techna-Fit. Normally they are $133, so this is a great deal. Wether you are working on a street, autoX, or building a Spec Miata, the kit could be put to good use. It started as a ClubRoadster.com group buy and expanded to 5X Racing's website. I figured I would mention this to all of you on GRM and maybe you could save some money. Its good till the end of this month. Check it out.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/9/12 5:50 p.m.

5xracing.com also has pretty quick shipment times too

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo HalfDork
1/9/12 6:23 p.m.

What do they offer that fits a canoe? I have a nice We-No-Nah that could use a firmer brake pedal.

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
1/9/12 6:26 p.m.

Maybe, he's got close to 70 posts. Still kind of smells like a canoe.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/9/12 7:14 p.m.

No, for real. Check it out. No canoe

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
1/9/12 7:16 p.m.

Seems legit to me. There are plenty of posts like this that are not paddling anything.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/first-wreck/43469/page1/

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
1/9/12 7:26 p.m.

he's peddling wonder if their stuff would fit a tr4?

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
1/9/12 8:00 p.m.
oldtin wrote:

I'd take both

cwh
cwh SuperDork
1/9/12 8:35 p.m.

Hey, give the guy a break, he's trying to help. I say, welcome to the funny farm!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
1/9/12 8:39 p.m.

All cars, or just the Miata?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Reader
1/9/12 8:43 p.m.

No Volvo love, they are dead to me.

• Lee
miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 8:40 a.m.

Just Miata stainless steel brake lines are on the sale for $75, but we have other kinds available at the normal prices. The aluminum shifter bushing is also worth looking in to. Its $15 with free shipping. I put mine in yesterday and it works perfectly.

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
1/10/12 9:13 a.m.

That's a great deal for a set of off the shelf hoses.

I've also had good luck with the local industrial hose manufacturer. If I take them the old hoses, they will make SS brake lines (including all custom fittings, rubber bushings, brackets etc) for $10-12 apiece. Takes about 20min.

I also found out that they oem for a well-known aftermarket brake line supplier, so basically the same stuff for 1/3-1/4 of the price.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 9:21 a.m.

I stand corrected....ALL of the brake lines are on sale. Just checked the site and there are 178 kits covered. Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Ford, Honda, Acura, Chevrolet, Pontiac, BMW, and others are currently on price reduction. Not sure for how long though. The only kits that are on sale for the $75 are the Miata kits.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
1/10/12 9:44 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: No Volvo love, they are dead to me. - Lee

No P71 love either...

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/10/12 10:18 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: No Volvo love, they are dead to me. - Lee
No P71 love either...

No nothing I own love either.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/10/12 11:08 a.m.

Just for clarification - miataman86, you work for 5Xracing?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/10/12 11:09 a.m.
miataman86 wrote: Just Miata stainless steel brake lines are on the sale for $75, but we have other kinds available at the normal prices. The aluminum shifter bushing is also worth looking in to. Its $15 with free shipping. I put mine in yesterday and it works perfectly.

Sounds like it from this post.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
1/10/12 11:21 a.m.

According to his profile: canoe.

"5X Racing- Team Promoter"

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 11:37 a.m.

I have a thing on the side with 5X Racing to promote them. Talked to the owner, John Adamcyzk, and he has allowed me to be a promoter for them. Its a legit business thats recognized by the US govt and they specialize in Miatas and they do race and they do win. I do the promotion for them to help them grow and they have me on thier team support program and that allows me to get discounts on a lot of parts. When I get into sanctioned racing, I hope to get a spot. That time should come this year or early next year.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/10/12 11:39 a.m.

Gonna have to get the advertising pack with the mag, buddy.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 11:39 a.m.

When I wrote "we" I really ment they. I was in a rush earlier when i posted that

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
1/10/12 11:50 a.m.

We're a little sensitive around here about people flogging their wares/doing marketing/spamming without the appropriate disclosure. That's what the advertiser package is for in the first place so you don't fly under the radar.

I was seriously contemplating getting the braided hoses because I need some for my Miata anyway, but I guess I'll just get them from another Miata supplier then, even if I have to pay more for them.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 1:09 p.m.

I will keep that in mind. Wasnt trying to spam or nothing, but I was just giving the grassroots community a little way to save some money.

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
1/10/12 3:21 p.m.

I shouldn't have been so promotive of it. Made a mistake and i apologize for it. I will not post such things without taking the proper steps. Should've left it as a "hey, look what I found" and left it at that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2m1Zly88ZdWFbRM3titHAuvzY9WlpHV07Nq9x9qMAPhidgspgjqJHSa9VFcSke2l