spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
9/13/13 1:54 p.m.

WHile going home yesterday, a guy in a stanced RX-7 ahd let the passenger out so that he could enter into the street due to the dip in the road. Then he stops to let homey back into the car, which also isn't very well muffled Of course all traffic has to stop because numbtard is a numbtard.

Last week, a similar dick weed slowly pulled up to a rail crossing that is in one of the worst intersections in the area. He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long. Normally several cars can make it.

Mind you, neither of these were what I would call show cars.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/13/13 1:57 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: In reply to accordionfolder: Cavalier. I tried to think of something un-stance-able, something that could never destroy us. Mr Cavalier.

I was unable to find a picture of a Stanced Cimarron.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/13/13 2:00 p.m.

Chris V--- I totally agree---- as long as you are having fun and enjoying your car, more power to you. And your Falcon looks pretty bitchin sitting low.

Not everything has to be a race car, and trying to make something look like a racecar can ruin it's functionality.

I still can't get behind the "streched, stanced-- huge camber" look though. It assaults the practical side of my brain, without any positives, as I think they look silly.

Like I said though.....whatever floats your boat. It's like the lowrider scene--- I may not WANT a lowrider, but I can appreciate the attention to detail some of those machines have received. (and I like airbrushed semi-nude Aztec goddesses on hoods!)

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/13/13 2:06 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I love how you can now google search for nearly any sporty car lowered on wide, low offset wheels, by typing: *insert car name* + stance

What gizoogle said was proper stance for a Javelin:

I LOL'd

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 2:12 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long.

My Miata is pretty darn low, but I've blasted past guys doing this.

It's funny how my still very low, "tucked" Miata is still not considered low enough for some groups, and I drive the piss out of it.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
9/13/13 2:30 p.m.

Got two stereotypes for the price of one yesterday. Coming home from running errands, I got caught at a light behind a bro-dozer. Stancer in an Audi next to him starts revving. Thats the sign I really should have rolled my windows up. Light changes, and off they go, the Audi revving, letting off, and revving just to make noise, while the idiot in front of me punches it, and pukes black smoke all over the place for me to drive through.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/13/13 3:58 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:

I love this!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
9/13/13 4:31 p.m.

^ This

Knurled
Knurled UberDork
9/13/13 4:37 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: WHile going home yesterday, a guy in a stanced RX-7 ahd let the passenger out so that he could enter into the street due to the dip in the road. Then he stops to let homey back into the car, which also isn't very well muffled Of course all traffic has to stop because numbtard is a numbtard. Last week, a similar dick weed slowly pulled up to a rail crossing that is in one of the worst intersections in the area. He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long. Normally several cars can make it. Mind you, neither of these were what I would call show cars.

Goofus likes to see how fast he can get going over speedbumps and see how much air he can get over railroad tracks.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
9/13/13 4:40 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I love how you can now google search for nearly any sporty car lowered on wide, low offset wheels, by typing: *insert car name* + stance

These work:

These do not:

Also, because flares:

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/13/13 6:05 p.m.

I will just leave this here

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
9/13/13 7:15 p.m.

Lowered Type 2 VW's look cool too!

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/13/13 7:41 p.m.

1960s ford anglia

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/13/13 7:51 p.m.

I was also unable to locate a stanced chevy citation.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/13/13 7:54 p.m.

Close as I could find

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/13/13 7:56 p.m.

I think the stance thing is a waste. If it doesn't make it go faster, turn better or stop better it's useless.

But then there is this:

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/14/13 6:58 a.m.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
9/14/13 7:23 a.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Here are the questions I ask: Did you go out of your way to make your vehicle obnoxious in a way that regular people can not ignore? (Overly bright headlights, modern clean diesel modified to belch maximum smoke, too-loud exhaust, too-loud stereo.)

You know that feeling where someone who shares an opinion with you - in this case "automobiles are cool and fun" - and then proceeds to be such an enormous douchebag you wish they would just shut up and take up knitting? That's pretty much exactly how I feel when I see this:

I really dislike these kinds of trucks. They make the rest of us look so incredibly bad.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/14/13 7:30 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: WHile going home yesterday, a guy in a stanced RX-7 ahd let the passenger out so that he could enter into the street due to the dip in the road. Then he stops to let homey back into the car, which also isn't very well muffled Of course all traffic has to stop because numbtard is a numbtard. Last week, a similar dick weed slowly pulled up to a rail crossing that is in one of the worst intersections in the area. He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long. Normally several cars can make it.

I see this a lot in my area. That is where "it's your car, have fun with it" collides with "stop being an ass and get off my planet" for me. That, and actual safety, of course.

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/14/13 9:06 a.m.
Beer Baron wrote:
Appleseed wrote: In reply to accordionfolder: Cavalier. I tried to think of something un-stance-able, something that could never destroy us. Mr Cavalier.
I was unable to find a picture of a Stanced Cimarron.

I am unable to find a stanced first gen lumina or Fiat X1/9.

Unless this counts:

I did however find this:

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
9/14/13 9:11 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I think the stance thing is a waste. If it doesn't make it go faster, turn better or stop better it's useless.

To YOU maybe. But cars don't have to be about going faster. And some cars, like my Falcon pictured before would be a waste to try and MAKE it faster. Just start with a fast car instead of wasting money on making a slow car fast. Right?

I mean, when I built it, I already HAD a fast car (my V8 RX7)

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/14/13 9:40 a.m.
The0retical wrote: I did however find this:

This is cheating. The Previa/Estima is one of the big players in the bippu van scene in Japan. I'm pretty sure MOST of them are like that there, and that's where it all started... an amalgamation of bippu/bosozoku/VIP. Americans just like to do it to whatever they can- you generally only saw this on kei vans, high end vans (along with stereo walls) and high end Japanese sedans. Toyota Crowns and the like. Add in the hood ride culture that came over from VW, which in and of itself is a spinoff of the whole rat-rod scene....

This-

Plus this-

and this-

with a sprinkling of this-

Which got made from the leftovers of this-

Gives you this-

It's alllllll connected. Except for that red mx6. I don't know what that guy was thinking.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
9/14/13 2:11 p.m.
Duke wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: WHile going home yesterday, a guy in a stanced RX-7 ahd let the passenger out so that he could enter into the street due to the dip in the road. Then he stops to let homey back into the car, which also isn't very well muffled Of course all traffic has to stop because numbtard is a numbtard. Last week, a similar dick weed slowly pulled up to a rail crossing that is in one of the worst intersections in the area. He was the only car that passed during that green light because he took so long. Normally several cars can make it.
I see this a lot in my area. That is where "it's your car, have fun with it" collides with "stop being an ass and get off my planet" for me. That, and actual safety, of course.

Going back to my original questions of judging a car, the owner of that car has clearly violated the rule of making the car unavoidably obnoxious to other drivers.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/16/13 7:35 a.m.
PHeller wrote:

Funny thing about the Imp, they have swing arm front suspension, so that's just lowered, no camber change needed

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/16/13 7:59 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:

this is in my screensaver folder...love it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ENfTzPaebGPui5bMedXHbEefWd4UjoR6chcyQUPwTNQvVaytxl6FdHcFJTuIVvxh