1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/22/10 8:49 p.m.

I forget, did we beat this topic to death yet? Anyway, a friend in the suspension business brought it up the other day. They're getting parts requests from those in the "stance" community. He was headed to a stance gathering this weekend--you know, to do research.

Hotlinked and hella flush because I'm a horrible person:

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/22/10 8:56 p.m.

Show 'em your Buffalo Stance

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
10/22/10 8:59 p.m.

The day you guys run an editorial on this pr have pictures in your mag of hella-berkeleyed cars is the day I cancel my 10 year subscription.

You've been warned :P

FlightService
FlightService Reader
10/22/10 9:00 p.m.

^^^^+1

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/22/10 9:05 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I forget, did we beat this topic to death yet?

Yeah. I think so.

Jim mentioned that he felt like vomiting when someone said the wartburg was sort of hella flush. I feel like his comment sort of encapsulated everybody's feelings about the topic.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks HalfDork
10/22/10 9:16 p.m.

MOAR FLUSHNESS!!!

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
10/22/10 9:18 p.m.

Have your suspension guy show the customer this Moto IQ article, and the pictures of the hella-unsafe, demon-cambered Rabbit that have been floating around these forums. If the customer still wants the Hellafail look, then he should shop elsewhere.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/22/10 9:18 p.m.
grimmelshanks wrote: MOAR FLUSHNESS!!!

LALALALALA....I'm not listening....LALALALALA

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
10/22/10 9:21 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: Have your suspension guy show the customer this Moto IQ article,

Fixed that for you. (i.e. this link works)

David S. Wallens
10/22/10 9:24 p.m.

Hypothetical question: Is it possible to be too flush? Or is that like something being blacker than black?

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
10/22/10 9:26 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
RexSeven wrote: Have your suspension guy show the customer this Moto IQ article,
Fixed that for you. (i.e. this link works)

D'oh! Thanks for the assist!

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
10/22/10 9:42 p.m.

I say GRM brings back the wicked 70's un-frush look that that Javelin pulled of so well. To wit,

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/22/10 9:47 p.m.

Stantz?

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
10/22/10 10:02 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Hypothetical question: Is it possible to be too flush? Or is that like something being blacker than black?

A poster on another forum I frequent has this gem for a signature:

...wheel gap is like a Bob Costas, the more fingers you can stick in it, the worse it gets...

Hope that answers your question!

David S. Wallens
10/22/10 10:09 p.m.

Speaking of stance, someone got slightly lowered today. Sorry, no hella flushness, though.

(And is it a sin to hotlink from our own site?)

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
10/22/10 10:13 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:

The answer is none, none more flush.

RoadRacer78
RoadRacer78 New Reader
10/22/10 10:17 p.m.

"OS" (Over Stance) is the new "OG (Over Gold).

Can you be "OS-OG"?

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz Reader
10/22/10 10:51 p.m.

One of the things I like about this forum is that there isn't a thousand threads asking how to cut springs, change torsion bar adjustments, which drop spindles or springs to buy, or endless banter about other methods used to achieve a certain "stance". Here, it seems to be performance first, if that happens to give the car a "stance" thats popular now all the better but it's not the primary goal. I cringe when people compliment one of my cars because they like the "stance" speaking as though I intentionally changed the ride height and rake of the car solely to achieve a certain look.

As for Hellaflush, I'm thinking that like most appearance oriented trends it will be a short lived fad. (They are cool looking though IMHO)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy HalfDork
10/22/10 11:17 p.m.

I come from this era. I judge no flushers.

81gtv6
81gtv6 Dork
10/22/10 11:36 p.m.
Rad_Capz wrote: One of the things I like about this forum is that there isn't a thousand threads asking how to cut springs, change torsion bar adjustments, which drop spindles or springs to buy, or endless banter about other methods used to achieve a certain "stance". Here, it seems to be performance first, if that happens to give the car a "stance" thats popular now all the better but it's not the primary goal. I cringe when people compliment one of my cars because they like the "stance" speaking as though I intentionally changed the ride height and rake of the car solely to achieve a certain look. As for Hellaflush, I'm thinking that like most appearance oriented trends it will be a short lived fad. (They are cool looking though IMHO)

I would have to agree with all of that.

dj5000000
dj5000000 New Reader
10/23/10 12:00 a.m.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago Dork
10/23/10 12:12 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Speaking of stance, someone got slightly lowered today. Sorry, no hella flushness, though. (And is it a sin to hotlink from our own site?)

mmm, me likey

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/23/10 9:56 a.m.

Underflush

Overflush

stealthfighter1
stealthfighter1 Reader
10/23/10 10:06 a.m.

i actually like , the whole stance / flush scene . why , because it looks cool , i'm 24 and i like my cars like i like my sex....all kinds and plenty of it .

have any of you noticed thet the "stance scene" doesn't discriminate on car/make/model , it's range goes from super ratty to super vip , and i always say live and let live . i HATE fendered "street rods" with a passion but i appreciate the work, dedication and detail they bring to the whole automotive scene , i hate show cars , but they are part of an industry that keeps a lot of our parts and resources alive , i like my speed and i like my looks , don't judge a book by it's cover , yes it's all about the look , but when have you complained about the victoria secret adds?

look further into it, appreciate the work and dedication, the new genereation of enthusiasts and just be glad all the drift badwagonners have stopped smashing all the neat rwd compact platforms...

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz Reader
10/23/10 10:10 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: I come from this era. I judge no flushers.

Me too! That could be my 68 that was stolen back in 80! With the requisite Hi-Jackers! At least I didn't run drag skinnys on the street like most of my friends! LOL

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hzZZrBxRcOjFiojdu0zf0ylNMuqKMpFpMhxUfZbFditTa7SPdJFTaEbK1wdy3K8u