jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/14/19 2:56 p.m.

with a top Pax:

Just don't look at the math too closely - I'm actually second behind Mark Burt by a smidge. blush

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/14/19 3:09 p.m.

In reply to jstein77 :

What's up with the PAX not calculating correctly?

Congratulations though!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/14/19 3:14 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to jstein77 :

What's up with the PAX not calculating correctly?

Congratulations though!

They used the 2018 PAX index for the calculations somehow, even though the display is showing the correct 2019 index numbers.  Not sure how the AX software managed that.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/14/19 3:20 p.m.

And for the manufacturer's championship, Ford is leading with 5 vs. Mazda's 4 out of the top 15.

_
_ Reader
2/14/19 4:48 p.m.

The guy in the VW is at the bottom. That’s because he obviously wasn’t taking it serious. Good for him. Lol. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
2/14/19 4:55 p.m.

Congrats!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
2/14/19 7:02 p.m.

First off, berkeley you for being able to autocross this time of year. 

Secondly, congrats!!!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
2/14/19 7:40 p.m.

Great, congratulations! I'm sorry I wasn't there to see it. I was off work, and had registered, but had to cancel.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
2/14/19 8:45 p.m.

Wow, didn’t realize the RS is in DS now! Seems like yesterday this was a class for cars with half that power.

congrats!

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
2/14/19 9:09 p.m.
CyberEric said:

Wow, didn’t realize the RS is in DS now! Seems like yesterday this was a class for cars with half that power.

congrats!

The ‘18 RS is still in the previous class due to the factory LSD.  The ‘16/‘17 RS is in DS.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/15/19 8:44 a.m.
Stefan said:
CyberEric said:

congrats!

The ‘18 RS is still in the previous class due to the factory LSD.  The ‘16/‘17 RS is in DS.

I seriously doubt that the factory LSD makes the '18 any more competitive than our '16 models.  I have never experienced any front wheelspin at all, and I think my no-options base model is a good bit lighter than the loaded '18 models, especially since they come with a top-heavy sunroof.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
2/15/19 11:37 a.m.
jstein77 said:
Stefan said:
CyberEric said:

congrats!

I seriously doubt that the factory LSD makes the '18 any more competitive than our '16 models.  I have never experienced any front wheelspin at all, and I think my no-options base model is a good bit lighter than the loaded '18 models, especially since they come with a top-heavy sunroof.

Not doubting that, but dem's da roolz.  Other than the LSD, the revised dampers and the color options, there's no real differences in the cars.  The dampers just have better rebound valving to reduce the nature of the car to "pogo" and I believe the spring rates are the same, but I've not confirmed it.  I plan on updating mine to those revised dampers and 18" wheels down the road as the ride on the roads around here isn't great.

Other than some brake fade on the track and trying to drive in the slush on summer tires, I've not had any wheel spin in mine, which is impressive considering how camber challenged the cars are from the factory.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
2/16/19 3:50 p.m.

Seems like a hot ticket in DS!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bBC3cHjQJ3F6gmnGEjajdEraY1dpJtWxqXwLXTPc79ancoiGEnayvYfqgKzt4c3U