1 2
DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/8/14 8:16 p.m.

Anyone a fan?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/8/14 8:18 p.m.

I enjoy watching it, it makes me want to actually work on my Nova.
Never mind that my nova is really, really far from being a cool quarter mile car.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/8/14 8:19 p.m.

I'm guessing you're a fan of the Murder Nova then? Also, they run 1/8 lol

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
3/8/14 8:33 p.m.

Yawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
3/8/14 8:42 p.m.

No.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
3/8/14 9:37 p.m.

Manufactured drama, not my cup of tea. It's in the same category as Moonshiners....

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
3/8/14 9:39 p.m.

Nope

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/8/14 10:19 p.m.

Eh, never hurts to ask

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
3/8/14 10:44 p.m.
DCharger68 wrote: I'm guessing you're a fan of the Murder Nova then? Also, they run 1/8 lol

Shows you how much attention I've been paying.
As someone with zero drag strip experience, I've somehow gotten the idea that running 1/8th is inferior.
Weird.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/8/14 10:47 p.m.

Ive got friends that refuse to race 1/4 because their diesel doesn't have any top end.

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
3/8/14 11:13 p.m.

I watched the first season. I enjoy the show.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/8/14 11:58 p.m.

The second season tops the first in my opinion. I'm excited to see the third.

sanman
sanman Reader
3/9/14 12:39 a.m.

The cars are cool and it is all about fun, but can we admit that there is very little 'street' in street outlaws. They race full on drag cars in abandoned areas that have no traffic and trailer them there. I am waiting for one of these guys to being a top fuel car to a race and claim it to be his street race car. Farm truck and Azn crack me up though.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/9/14 3:32 a.m.

In reply to DCharger68:

I agree, but then I just watch TV for entertainment not to find fault in what is a light-hearted program

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
3/9/14 7:47 a.m.

In my opinion street racing is for punk kids and people that are too embarrassed to race at the track. I have watched the show and I just don't get it, I don't understand why they trailer their cars to a illegal events when their are tons of tracks. To me it's another show that mocks and degrades racing.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
3/9/14 8:39 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: In reply to DCharger68: I agree, but then I just watch TV for entertainment not to find fault in what is a light-hearted program

Whoa whoa whoa.

Have you not learned the internet is not a place for pleasantries, the intertubes were made specifically for hating everything you don't like!

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
3/9/14 8:44 a.m.

I'd rather watch Swamp People.

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
3/9/14 9:50 a.m.

Cars are nice, but I too am not really a fan of manufactured drama for drama's sake or in this case for the shows sake. I am apparently not the target audience for "reality" TV. To each their own.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
3/9/14 12:20 p.m.

Street Outlaws sounds like something I might watch. (Un?)Fortunately, I have very little time to sit in front of a television in spectator mode. Perhaps if I spent less time on this here forum....?

1/8-mile drags? Not for me. The RX-7 really shines in the last 660'.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
3/9/14 12:28 p.m.

It's not a terrible show, they do have to have their false drama though. I "think" they are actual street racers. There is a video on Youtube of them showing up at the Compton Drag strip (cops were on to it so they never ran).

The "street racing" in the show is pretty ridiculous though. Let's go to a remote area to hide from the cops, and yet the entire track is lite by numerous portable light stands... uhm yah. There is also a perfectly good drag strip in Oklahoma City, so it makes you wonder, why?

I do kind of like the Farm Truck though, just from the sleeper aspect. I was also a fan of the turbo bug they put together that out dragged a Lambo, Turbo Porsche and GTR. Not sure if those were entirely real, but a setup bug is very fast.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/9/14 1:47 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2: I'd hate to have to run a rotary in 1/8 mile. There isn't enough torque for that nonsense

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
3/9/14 2:28 p.m.

We watch. The out of state match-ups are Okla friendly. I doubt Lutz would be beat if he had all 8 firing.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/9/14 5:12 p.m.

That's what I thought too. Lutz laid down a harder test hit than any other car on that show.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
3/9/14 11:08 p.m.

Manufactured? No E36 M3. Despite some questionable programing as of late, do you really think Discovery would condone actual street racing? How is that shocking that its filmed at "conveniently" abandoned areas? Its a TV show. About cars drag racing.

Would you rather have another Honey Boo-Boo?

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/9/14 11:30 p.m.

Its on the street. If you look closely you can see cops in the distance blocking the road.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZT88Xrq4bnqZLrsl2umFjE4NJwsiT8J8hYBEN4hVr1KjPj1knHv2j8HqXXGsPsgx