1 2
JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
3/9/14 11:41 p.m.

I tend to like and watch anything that has to do with cars.

I'd just like to find out where these guys get all of that cash.

chrispy
chrispy Reader
3/10/14 7:11 a.m.

^^^^ Same here.

Choppa87
Choppa87 New Reader
3/10/14 11:07 a.m.

I live in Oklahoma City so of course I watch it. There is definitely some scripted drama but most if not all of the racing (results wise) is real. I wish the producers would capture the sound better because the sound of those cars are naaaassty.

beans
beans Dork
3/10/14 3:26 p.m.

My biggest problem with it is when they're at their 'events' they're not acutally street racing. Sure, they're on a street, but it's pretty obvious to see that Discovery makes them go to the same road, get it shut down, bring out all the lights, wear fire suits, etc in order for the show to continue. It's annoying as crap that they keep 'looking for new spots to race' when it's the same place, every time. It seems the only real street racing is done when they do test hits, or when Farm Truck and Azn are out fishing.

Those guys build some REAL nasty cars though, and you can find videos of them online doing actual street racing if you look hard enough. Still, I watch the show even through all the manufactured drama and everything else. It's fairly entertaining.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/10/14 3:35 p.m.
DCharger68 wrote: Its on the street. If you look closely you can see cops in the distance blocking the road.

Saw the same thing on the first episode I stumbled across.

Driven5
Driven5 Reader
3/10/14 5:29 p.m.

Since all of these so-called "reality" TV mock dramas are the same. Even if there were actually cars on the show interesting enough to possibly justify suffering through the faux drama and tedious dialogue, they could not possibly spend enough time showing what makes the cars so genuinely interesting to make watching worthwhile.

Endless streams of these dumbed down and mind numbingly contrived "reality" TV shows all following the exact same format, that even the once primarily 'educational' channels are now filling their lineups with in the pursuit of quantity over quality, is one of the main reasons I have yet to feel like I'm actually missing out on anything of value by getting rid of cable. There are other ways to watch almost all of the (few) truly enjoyable programs are out there.

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
3/10/14 8:38 p.m.

I like it. A lot of the guys on the show have been street racing for years. The manufactured drama and indy car noises are annoying, but I try and look past all that. There is a thread on yellow bullet that is probably 800 pages long by now where some of the guys like Shawn and Doc post in...pretty cool and they explain a lot of stuff on the show...including why they race 1/8th mile.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
3/10/14 9:16 p.m.
Brotus7 wrote: Manufactured drama, not my cup of tea. It's in the same category as Moonshiners....

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/10/14 10:06 p.m.

In reply to Cotton: why do they race 1/8th?

Cotton
Cotton SuperDork
3/10/14 10:37 p.m.

In reply to DCharger68:

From what they said its a safety thing. A lot of them run around 160 in the 1/8 and would be at over 200 in the 1/4....all on an unprepped surface. A lot of guys bitching about them running the 1/8 just don't realize how fast some of those guys really are.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/10/14 11:39 p.m.

Daddy Dave showed his 1/4 time slip for the Sonoma and it runs like low 7s at over 200 in the quarter

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
3/11/14 7:15 a.m.

One things for sure, fake drama or not, the cars are legit.

DCharger68
DCharger68 New Reader
3/11/14 9:23 a.m.

^^agreed^^ theres rumors of big chief and murder nova running drag week this year also

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l57Aiy374nqVqmYc2SHzESmLLzh6I3q5Qqksb7lCu0j4kwWcW3uknQx2L0C6mr29