Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/16/13 7:56 p.m.

Being the newest Subie owner, I could use recommendations for parts. First off I need to replace the entire OEM fog light on the passenger side. Just bought yesterday, PO says the mounting is there, plug is intact and protected by tape. I just need the lamp and bulb.

Of course it won't be long before I feel an itch to add either OEM or aftermarket goodies. What are the reputable sources for Subaru goods? (I know Scion and MR2 places, but drawing a blank for Sub's.)

Knurled
Knurled PowerDork
12/16/13 8:01 p.m.

Did he remove the Hello Kitty tape from over the hole?

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
12/16/13 8:27 p.m.

for aftermarket, our local shop MachV (also a GRM sponsor and our local rallycross sponsor) is a good choice and has reasonable prices and great service.

www.fastwrx.com

also racecomp performance in Maryland (they make the RCE springs with the custom Bilsteins that I use).

kartboy makes some good parts for Subies.

otherwise, my memory is hazy since I stopped modding my WRX when I got my first e30, lol...but NASIOC is a good place to search. Just ignore all the childish E36 M3 and stick to the technical forums and sponsor classifieds.

Ojala
Ojala HalfDork
12/16/13 8:30 p.m.

Mach v are good people. i would check there first.

Turn in concepts is good if they have what you need though they are suspension focused. Many dealers have storefronts, like Fred Bean, but they are usually pretty close to each other in price and shipping. I use Fred Bean for dealer only parts, like ac belt tensioners and body panels, mostly out of habit and because they have a reward point system.

midniteson
midniteson Reader
12/17/13 1:43 a.m.

Check out Flatirons tuning they have a good inventory of parts for your car.

captdownshift
captdownshift Reader
12/17/13 6:09 a.m.

scoobygal; genuinesubaruparts.com supporting them supports a rallyist

captdownshift
captdownshift Reader
12/17/13 6:16 a.m.

also if Jackie is still at Annapolis subaru i'll plug them; solid prices especially if you mention forums, rallycross etc. less then list and not dealer "high" list

Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/17/13 6:47 a.m.

In reply to Knurled:

He offered, I said leave it.

Thanks for the advice thus far, I'll check a few out after work tonight.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RC3TCu9y0lOQzxHlMLncgSy0OTry6EdM8z358BUv1hGLgnuETY3enjaG4mqc0rjc