4 5 6
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
3/25/13 9:09 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I will agree with this one as well. When I had my '86 Crown Vic Coupe, I told the other Box guys that I wanted to drop a 32-valve Lincoln 4.6L in and bag it, they acted like I was preparing to murder somebody. If it wasn't a modified 302 and suspension off a police interceptor, they didn't want to hear it.
Very strange as that sounds like a seriously awesome build to me. Then again, I've sometimes daydreamed about setting up a box era Crown Vic with a 5.0 Coyote motor and making it look as much like the "Men in Black" car as possible.

Yes it was and this was years before I stepped foot in this forum. I really wanted to do it, but unfortunately lack of funds created an issue. I thought it would be cool and different, but different apparently scares the Box people. My car is Oxford White with a red interior. I wanted to paint the Steelies white as well and find a set of hub caps and trim rings. It would have been neat. Maybe one day I could do it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/25/13 9:51 a.m.

So this weekend at the performance driving there were a couple Subarus owned by younger guys and they both seemed pretty cool and the Subaru Outback driven by one of those guys took the fastest time in the afternoon (when it rained) out of us newbs.

grinch77
grinch77 Reader
3/25/13 10:37 a.m.

These new kids getting into Subarus is exactly the reason i'm selling they have pretty much became the new Civic. So if any one is looking for a tastefully modded '04 STi let me know haha

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
3/25/13 11:51 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: if it was at a driveable ride height.. I would like it. That would mean at least being able to see sidewall between the rim and the fender at the top. Slammed on the ground like that.. it just becomes useless sculpture

it probably has air ride, so it can be raised at a touch of a button to driveable height. Best of both worlds.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/26/13 7:06 p.m.

was following a pretty light metallic blue forester today.. with a DC shoes sticker in the back window....

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/26/13 7:28 p.m.

I can show you 20 subaru drivers all parked with each other, none of whom seemed like douches or flatbrimmers or street racers....., and most of whom were in their 30s...or 40s.

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/26/13 7:41 p.m.

some I took this weekend:

He is clearly a fanboi poser:

he is the opposite of the one posted on the last page

oh look, a blue GC. how original

he managed to rip the back bumper off this day, after ripping the front one off at the last event of last season.

series8217
series8217 New Reader
3/26/13 10:50 p.m.

Love my Subaru. My wheels aren't flush, and I don't even wear a hat.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
3/27/13 10:36 a.m.

In the Pacific NW of the US I see pretty much nothing but subarussss. Of course, even this picture was taken from the inside of a Subaru, it's like Subaru inception or something....

nocones
nocones Dork
3/27/13 10:42 a.m.
series8217 wrote: Love my Subaru. My wheels aren't flush, and I don't even wear a hat.

Your car does..

atm92484
atm92484 New Reader
3/27/13 12:06 p.m.

I don't see the point in not liking a car because either other people do not like it or you do not like some of the people that own the car. The "normal" (IE not immature maroons) are not wasting time racking up posts on the internet about how they spray painted their stock wheels, covered the dash in stickers, and otherwise trashed up what was a decent car.

Most of the people I see driving newer WRXs and STIs around here are guys in their late 20s to early 30s who have real jobs and don't wear flat brimmed hats (if they are unemployed, 24/7 Subaru forum dwellers that wear flat brimmed hats, they do a good job cleaning up).

Lets face it - the entire reason for the bro crowd is the fact that the oldest USDM WRX is turning 11 this year. Depreciation lets us get cars we want but it also lets the 17 year old kid do the same. Maybe my area isn't rich enough but I rarely see these clowns driving anything newer.

I'll continue to enjoy my 09 STI until I am ready to get something else regardless of how many get slammed, stickered, or whatever God-awful trend appears next. Heck I hope every other 09 STI gets bro-ified; it will help artificially inflate the value of mine.

Moparman
Moparman Dork
3/27/13 2:03 p.m.

In reply to grinch77: I agree with you. I have seen Impreza's with wings large enough that they might have a NACA airfoil number.

b13990
b13990
3/31/13 9:01 p.m.

I joined this forum to post an Impreza-related technical question that I didn't want to post on NASIOC. And I've known Subaru zealots, and they are fanatical. So I agree with the premise of the thread.

I bought an Impreza 2.5i in 2009 after a lifetime spent playing with Fox-body / SN95 Mustangs. I thought I had a pretty strong stomach. I probably had 100 posts on StangNet, total, and generally was able to get by without locking horns with people. I got some good technical help.

I haven't posted ten times on NASIOC, on the other hand, and I'm already done with it.

There is a "party line" that evolves at places like StangNet and NASIOC that tends to piss me off. Among Mustang owners, it was "everything in the car must be replaced." Cut it up and put a T56 transmission in it, for example. To me, that just sounds like an extra shift every quarter-mile, extra weight, etc.

Most Mustangs are built to be cheap, and built for the quarter-mile. So far, Subarus seem to me to be built to be cheap, and to stick to the ground. Both do a pretty good job. There is engineering behind the hype, in both cases.

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kCrrYpnNyw6oVjgCKV3kwWcYoEL4xpJbOEawH6Q5fcZGMK4IoPHgQ8jNMcqrVDoK