1 2 3
MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/5/10 3:29 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
RexSeven wrote: dyintorace has a FC convertible with an SBC in it, so he can give you driving impressions.
Yes and no. I do have an FC convertible, but it has an L33 in it. That's the aluminum block 5.3L motor from Chevy extended cab pickups. It has a T56 behind it. Before that, I had an FC coupe with a built LS1/T56 combo. I did a track day it in and the power was phenomenal. It overwhelmed the stock 4 pot Turbo II brakes!

We never did get a chance to try it with fresh hipo pads and a new caliper on the left front. It was fun pulling on the Cobra Replicas even if we couldn't stop as well.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/5/10 3:30 p.m.
MrBenjamonkey wrote:
Platinum90 wrote:
MrBenjamonkey wrote: Final random Supra factoid. The lightest MK3 I've found is just under 2800 lbs, and it's a full on track car. That said, it's not that hard to get a MK3 down to 3200 lbs or so. Mine, almost bone stock, was 3450 ish.
I am aiming squarely to trounce that "record". I would like to get it below 2700, eventually, with lots of composite work.
Composite work. Do you mean CF or fiberglass?

More Carbon than FRP, but likely a mix of the two.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey Reader
10/5/10 7:01 p.m.

Wow, $$$$$ or did you figure out some way to do it on the cheap. If you figured out how to do it on the cheap I really want to know how.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7alpDc5I01QVtMn6FGRPecOKZ1SDGuEdiHAVb9yAk0A5PYwNrfDylAAzw9hoyp7E