1 2 3
ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
8/8/12 4:48 p.m.

Ordered one for my son for Christmas -- I didn't see how to request an autographed copy . . .

Rob

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/8/12 4:53 p.m.

There's no official method to request an autographed copy - send me an email at keith@flyinmiata.com. We didn't realize people would want autographs!

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/10/12 12:13 p.m.

We have a sneak peek available...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJFjBMnx_I

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
8/10/12 12:34 p.m.
Keith wrote: We didn't realize people would want autographs!

You underestimate the silliness of the GRM crowd.

I got a notification mine has already shipped, so I guess I'll find out if you had a chance to sign it.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
8/11/12 1:00 a.m.
Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
8/11/12 11:33 a.m.

Saw the trailer via AutoBlog. I will be getting it when I order parts next week!

Keith can you give us pointers on how to convince your wife to do this?

Winston
Winston Reader
8/11/12 12:40 p.m.

I got it yesterday and watched it this morning. Very nicely done. Money well spent. I didn't realize that Keith and Janel... oh wait, that's a spoiler. Never mind

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/11/12 12:58 p.m.

just got my copies

[edit: just watched it. Very jealous ]

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
8/12/12 5:35 p.m.

sigh, it looks something i have to order damn it.....sigh.....have to figure out how to now and then ask for it to be signed....

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
8/12/12 9:53 p.m.

Enjoyed it last night. Trying to figure out how to keep my wife interested in it long enough to make the sales pitch to her about our trip to Targa.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/12/12 10:34 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: Enjoyed it last night. Trying to figure out how to keep my wife interested in it long enough to make the sales pitch to her about our trip to Targa.

This is one of many reasons why I don't have a wife..

Unfortunately, I showed the little trailer that Keith posted here to one of my supervisors at work. He promptly gave me a direct order to download the Targa rules so he can help me build my car for it, so he can navigate.

Your trip with the wife may be a bit cheaper than mine, so I may have made the wrong call on this whole single-life thing...

Argo1
Argo1 Reader
8/13/12 9:03 a.m.
BradLTL wrote: Enjoyed it last night. Trying to figure out how to keep my wife interested in it long enough to make the sales pitch to her about our trip to Targa.

Where can I get odds to wager on this one...? Just work on the trip to the Challenge.

Great video though. Very interesting.

BradLTL
BradLTL Dork
8/13/12 10:22 a.m.
Argo1 wrote:
Where can I get odds to wager on this one...? Just work on the trip to the Challenge. Great video though. Very interesting.

You know the Challenge is already approved... getting her to OK the $10,000 entry fee is going to be a long sales pitch and probably won't be successful until that winning lottery ticket magically appears in my pocket.

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/13/12 11:42 a.m.

$10k is the entry fee for two cars. One car is approximately half that. More money than the Challenge, but you also get to spend more time behind the wheel and nobody accuses you of not counting a $5 rattle can of paint in your budget

How did I get Janel to do it? She volunteered. My friend Eric was originally supposed to navigate for me but had to back out. Janel stepped up. So it's all about being married to the right kind of person, I guess. There wasn't much question of her navigating for the second time around, there's nobody else I'd rather have giving me the notes.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
8/13/12 2:52 p.m.

Got my copy on Friday, watched it on Saturday night with my wife. Neat - now we have to take a vacation in Newfoundland sometime...

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/13/12 3:34 p.m.

If you liked it, tell your friends. Adam put a lot of his own money into that project, I'd love to see him break even.

Newfoundland is a great place - with even better people.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
8/13/12 5:02 p.m.

I already bought a second copy for a friend.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
8/13/12 5:24 p.m.

Keith Are you aware of anyone doing a chartered trip type deal to go see this at different viewing points of the race with hotels and meals ??

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/13/12 5:33 p.m.

Maxxim Vacations would be the ones to talk to. They do the hotel/transport packages for a lot of the teams. Targa Newfoundland also publishes a spectator guide. Add those two together and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
8/13/12 6:43 p.m.

Thanks Keith

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
8/13/12 9:30 p.m.
Keith wrote: $10k is the entry fee for two cars. One car is approximately half that. More money than the Challenge, but you also get to spend more time behind the wheel and nobody accuses you of not counting a $5 rattle can of paint in your budget How did I get Janel to do it? She volunteered. My friend Eric was originally supposed to navigate for me but had to back out. Janel stepped up. So it's all about being married to the right kind of person, I guess. There wasn't much question of her navigating for the second time around, there's nobody else I'd rather have giving me the notes.

Note to Keith - Your life lacks sucking

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
8/16/12 4:05 p.m.
Keith wrote: Newfoundland is a great place - with even better people.

Agreed.

I finally got to finish the DVD. It's pretty good, even with a brief glimpse of the back of my head (around 22:13, in the curling rink). Fast forward past that, nothing to see there ...

It's a good story, well told and nicely shot. I'm already telling people about it.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
8/16/12 5:18 p.m.

I got mine the other day, thanks for the autographs Keith.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/16/12 5:34 p.m.

Got mine- Didn't even realized I had ordered it :P Autographs and doodles and all!

Keith
Keith MegaDork
8/16/12 5:58 p.m.

The running joke in the office is that it's really a love story between Brandon and Zach. "The chocolate to my vanilla" indeed. It's too bad they edited the bit about them singing along to Love Shack as they drive around in their Miata while wearing matching outfits...

Glad you guys are enjoying it. We were worried that it would only have meaning to those who had actually been there, but it seems Adam really did a great job of putting it all together. If anyone wants to post a review or email it to me, we'll put it up on the FM site.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZVs0VuxiTYlfoeH7LVbBKCeFQh1BdW5oZsrNAGQVTffKJkXiCWmnHQlIjt4MAAyo