2 3 4 5
dculberson
dculberson UberDork
1/19/16 1:49 p.m.
Harvey wrote:
dculberson wrote:
jr10cross wrote: Dude, really, you don't know me so stop trying to understand who I am and want I'm about. Don't presume to know how my friends feel or figure how my work day goes. I'm actually a really nice guy, and not overly opinionated. Well, usually at least. Your judgement is not appreciated and I don't need your guidance.
Have fun - it sounds like you need a day off.
Can you just stop teaching life lessons already! Sheesh.

I can't help it, I'm full of all these valuable life lessons.

There's still some meat on that bone. Take it home, throw it in a pot with some vegetables -- baby, you got a stew goin'!

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 2:00 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
Harvey wrote:
dculberson wrote:
jr10cross wrote: Dude, really, you don't know me so stop trying to understand who I am and want I'm about. Don't presume to know how my friends feel or figure how my work day goes. I'm actually a really nice guy, and not overly opinionated. Well, usually at least. Your judgement is not appreciated and I don't need your guidance.
I can't help it, I'm full of all these valuable life lessons. There's still some meat on that bone. Take it home, throw it in a pot with some vegetables -- baby, you got a stew goin'!

now that's racist. You've gone too far. I've never eaten neck bone simpleton. But all us blacks hold on too tight right? We're all over stressed for nothing right? We just need to calm down because everything is in our head. But this is all we're good for, a joke right. SMH you disgust me.

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
1/19/16 2:18 p.m.
jr10cross wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Harvey wrote:
dculberson wrote:
I can't help it, I'm full of all these valuable life lessons. There's still some meat on that bone. Take it home, throw it in a pot with some vegetables -- baby, you got a stew goin'!
now that's racist. You've gone too far. I've never eaten neck bone simpleton. But all us blacks hold on too tight right? We're all over stressed for nothing right? We just need to calm down because everything is in our head. But this is all we're good for, a joke right. SMH you disgust me.

you lost me, when did stew become racist?

for a quick reference: http://arresteddevelopment.wikia.com/wiki/Baby,_you%E2%80%99ve_got_a_stew_going

Harvey
Harvey Dork
1/19/16 2:19 p.m.
jr10cross wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Harvey wrote:
dculberson wrote:

At this point, can't even tell if serious or playing on the joke.

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 2:46 p.m.

In reply to Harvey:

You think I'm joking but inserting a joke about how slaves had to eat the scraps from their master isn't funny. That's right be like us, the "disadvantaged" and eat neck bone, chitlins, and all the other scraps, because we got to make the most out of the situation right? 'We's got to wait for what the good Lord providth!' If you know the origination of where that comes from it's not funny at all. But again begin African American, I'm being too serious. Take it easy right? Because our lives really are easy right? no they are not.

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
1/19/16 3:07 p.m.
jr10cross wrote: In reply to Harvey: You think I'm joking but inserting a joke about how slaves had to eat the scraps from their master isn't funny. That's right be like us, the "disadvantaged" and eat neck bone, chitlins, and all the other scraps, because we got to make the most out of the situation right? 'We's got to wait for what the good Lord providth!' If you know the origination of where that comes from it's not funny at all. But again begin African American, I'm being too serious. Take it easy right? Because our lives really are easy right? no they are not.

or some people just like stew...

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 3:12 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote:
jr10cross wrote: In reply to Harvey: You think I'm joking but inserting a joke about how slaves had to eat the scraps from their master isn't funny. That's right be like us, the "disadvantaged" and eat neck bone, chitlins, and all the other scraps, because we got to make the most out of the situation right? 'We's got to wait for what the good Lord providth!' If you know the origination of where that comes from it's not funny at all. But again begin African American, I'm being too serious. Take it easy right? Because our lives really are easy right? no they are not.

so put up a pic of a white person with the bone in his hand but wait wait ..... ...... society doesn't depict you as taking the bone from another man and making soup with it.

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
1/19/16 3:21 p.m.
jr10cross wrote:
edizzle89 wrote:
so put up a pic of a white person with the bone in his hand but wait wait ..... ...... society doesn't depict you as taking the bone from another man and making soup with it.

so is it racist if there is a mexican eating a taco? or an asian guy eating rice?

all my trying to say is sometimes people just like stew...

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 3:47 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote:
jr10cross wrote:
edizzle89 wrote:
so is it racist if there is a mexican eating a taco? or an asian guy eating rice? all my trying to say is sometimes people just like stew...

So Africans didn't eat scraps in their home land. You think being treated like dogs is a part of our ethnicity?You give a dog scraps from your table. Really? Wow. It's not racist if you depict Mexican's eating tacos or Asians eating rice because no one enslaved them and forced them to eat it what was deemed waste. Common on man! Really?

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
1/19/16 3:52 p.m.
jr10cross wrote:
edizzle89 wrote:
jr10cross wrote:
edizzle89 wrote:
so is it racist if there is a mexican eating a taco? or an asian guy eating rice? all my trying to say is sometimes people just like stew...
So Africans didn't eat scraps in their home land. You think being treated like dogs is a part of our ethnicity?You give a dog scraps from your table. Really? Wow. It's not racist if you depict Mexican's eating tacos or Asians eating rice because no one enslaved them and forced them to eat it what was deemed waste. Common on man! Really?

but what if... now follow me on this one... the guy just really, genuinely, likes stew?

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 3:55 p.m.

like I said put your white face up there holding the bone then

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
1/19/16 3:56 p.m.
jr10cross wrote: like I said put your white face up there holding the bone then

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 4:00 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote:
jr10cross wrote: like I said put your white face up there holding the bone then

well now there we go. that's better!

Harvey
Harvey Dork
1/19/16 4:04 p.m.

Because we knew you were black and because that Arrested Development bit is racist rather than just a funny running gag on the show that Carl Weathers is such a penny pincher he won't even throw away a chicken bone and would rather make stew out of it.

I think we're done here.

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 4:18 p.m.
Harvey wrote: Because we knew you were black and because that Arrested Development bit is racist rather than just a funny running gag on the show that Carl Weathers is such a penny pincher he won't even throw away a chicken bone and would rather make stew out of it. I think we're done here.

You couldn't let it go could you? couldn't just let it end on a funny note or on a "it's cool" note. Just had to add that jab in there. It doesn't matter that I'm black it's just inappropriate in general. I know you didn't know I'm black but that's not the point, whether I'm black or not shouldn't matter. Just because it was funny on a TV show, doesn't make it correct or okay.

You're done. Just like a lot of people you can't grasp what it is to be black, so empathy, understanding, and kindness go right out the window(Trump style). We should just get over it right, it's 2016! It's not like unarmed black men are getting murdered by police officers or anything, right? So I should just laugh off getting consistently pulled over for no reason right?

airwerks
airwerks Reader
1/19/16 4:35 p.m.

How in the world is this thread still going!?!?!?!?!

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
1/19/16 5:16 p.m.

What the hell?,I popped in here to see about S60's('cause I kinda like them)and then I wanted some stew and now I'm wondering if I'm a racist for wanting some damn stew.

Screw it,I'm making some stew....with the scraps in my fridge.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture PowerDork
1/19/16 5:43 p.m.

Holy hell, is this GRM or Tumblr?

Also, the running gag of Carl Weathers being a cheap-ass on Arrested Development was hilarious. I have no idea where the accusations of racism are from.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
1/19/16 6:07 p.m.
jr10cross wrote:
Harvey wrote: Because we knew you were black and because that Arrested Development bit is racist rather than just a funny running gag on the show that Carl Weathers is such a penny pincher he won't even throw away a chicken bone and would rather make stew out of it. I think we're done here.
You couldn't let it go could you? couldn't just let it end on a funny note or on a "it's cool" note. Just had to add that jab in there. It doesn't matter that I'm black it's just inappropriate in general. I know you didn't know I'm black but that's not the point, whether I'm black or not shouldn't matter. Just because it was funny on a TV show, doesn't make it correct or okay. You're done. Just like a lot of people you can't grasp what it is to be black, so empathy, understanding, and kindness go right out the window(Trump style). We should just get over it right, it's 2016! It's not like unarmed black men are getting murdered by police officers or anything, right? So I should just laugh off getting consistently pulled over for no reason right?

Just so there is no confusion due to sarcasm not always translating into text let me be perfectly clear in the following completely sincere and unsarcastic message:

No one here is trying to offend you in any way. I've been on this forum for years. None of the people you seem to have a problem with are attacking you. Nor are they racist. They may have a different personal experience or opinion of the S60R. They are entitled to that just like you are to yours. It seems as though you are taking things very personally or trying to make light of things and it's not translating through text.

This forum is pretty tightly knit and we help each other out in person on a regular basis and in emergency situations. Sometimes just to crack a beer and hang out. Here's a couple threads for proof. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/need-help-for-swank-force-one-near-nebraska/109520/page1/

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/grm-on-the-road-assist-list/90668/page1/

Relax. Maybe try and re-read the thread and comments as a neutral 3rd party and see that we're just talking openly here.

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 6:22 p.m.

You guys are tight knit whatever, guys go ahead and stick together. Nothing new to me in that regard. I didn't disagree with everyone I thought the part with edizzle89 was pretty funny, but again whatever. Certain things I found offensive but that's my problem from what you all are saying. Fine. This has really been a terrible experience. I don't agree with your sarcasm and I don't think the joke is funny. U can think I'm high strung, stupid, sensitive, that's fine. I'm used to that too.

Harvey
Harvey Dork
1/19/16 6:28 p.m.
airwerks wrote: How in the world is this thread still going!?!?!?!?!

Running on racist stew.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
1/19/16 6:52 p.m.

I don't get it. Was I not clear enough? Have you watched the show Arrested Development? Who is being sarcastic at this point? I was trying to smooth things over. I'm done now.

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 7:01 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke:

Next! Who else wants to be done with me? Geez

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
1/19/16 7:06 p.m.
jr10cross wrote: In reply to clutchsmoke: Next! Who else wants to be done with me? Geez

I hope you stick around. Despite the negative comments lobbed my way in this thread, I've enjoyed your other posts, especially the 944 vinyl wrap project. I want to do the same thing to the hard top on the Miata I just bought, so I was following along with interest. Even though we have different opinions of Volvo R cars, I bet we'd still enjoy drinking a beer (or other liquid of choice) together!

jr10cross
jr10cross New Reader
1/19/16 7:13 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Thanks man.I was just about ready to delete my account. Much appreciated. Like I said, My love for the R went OC in the earlier comments. I meant no harm.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6Ui8EvnCkTgCZbyjFeHmSEZpYBNKRtxkEtiuMaqkS5WxcxoRD226c3JuMgE9SmIY