3 4 5
cheechthechi
cheechthechi New Reader
9/2/11 3:02 p.m.

Seems like both you guys and us (wreck racing) are going with the cut hood theme this year :D. Car's coming along nicely can't wait to see it in person.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
9/2/11 6:34 p.m.

I think I love this car. Keep up the good work!

unevolved
unevolved Dork
9/2/11 8:49 p.m.
cheechthechi wrote: Seems like both you guys and us (wreck racing) are going with the cut hood theme this year :D. Car's coming along nicely can't wait to see it in person.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see your car again. I'm still bummed we didn't make it in '10, but like you well know, that's racing sometimes. Care to disclose what you're going for with the new motor?

Tom Heath wrote: I think I love this car. Keep up the good work!

It's exciting that the car is going to be finished so soon. It's been a long (2-year), stressful project, and I'm excited to see it come to fruition. I'm emphasizing amongst some of our younger students that this is most likely not going to be a championship event for us. I told them how many years it took Team Gutty and Wreck Racing to fight to the top, and we're going to be very happy to show up with a car that completes the event in a fashion we can be proud of. This will not be the cars last at competition, we've left enough room in the budget for improvement after the '11 Challenge.

Unfortunately, it's looking like there's a chance I may not be able to personally attend the '11 Challenge due to a conflict with our Formula SAE Conceptual Design Review. It's going to be rough to not get to see this car to competition after devoting two years of my life to it, but sometimes that's how leadership works. I'm confident in the people we've got in this organization to take care of everything.

DerekTX
DerekTX
3/5/13 3:33 p.m.

Howdy all,

I was told it was in the best interest of the project that the new team leader make an account on here and breathe some new life into this old thread. Well my name is Derek and I'm taking over the miata project.

The car will be there this November like you've never seen the Honey Badger before, and we'll be bringing along a stable mate. There should be a thread floating around here somewhere about our "new" Mustang. Rest assured, Texas A&M Racing will be gunning for top honors this year.

BTHO GRM

unevolved
unevolved Dork
3/5/13 3:53 p.m.

I wanna see 20 pounds of boost.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
4/11/14 10:48 a.m.

Any updates?

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners