2 3 4
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
10/29/21 8:19 p.m.

I just realized that if I somehow found the money to buy an Integrale, I'd basically be back to where my "interesting" fleet was over a decade ago. After all I have a slightly iffy 911 and an Elise like I did back then. I doubt I can find an Integrale for around $7k these days though.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/30/21 9:01 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Yeah, but in it's defense GS' are giant.  That bike probably weighs close to twice what my KTM 690R does.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
10/30/21 9:37 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Agreed, and this one twice so with it being the Adventure model. Definitely the big & tall version of a GS.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
11/3/21 2:52 p.m.

So hows the Elise compared to the FD? I went back and forth, decided I needed a trunk for weekend trips. Bought the FD a year ago. Where I live they are now going for Elise SC money. If it hits a straight trade for an Exige I might make the jump and just pack lighter..

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
11/3/21 3:29 p.m.

In reply to mr2peak :

Yeah, the trunk is much more usable on an FD if you plan to bring more than a folding tooth brush. The Elise has a telepathic quality to it when driving that is rarely ever found this side of a full on race car.

My FD was better at regular car stuff than both my Elises (this one and the S1 I used to own). The S2 Elise is a bit less raw than the S1, but that's more the difference between a steak that walks off your plate and one that's been waved in the general direction of the grill for 30s.

I've not driven it for a meaningful distance, but so far it looks like I might be able to drive the new Elise to Summit Point without wearing earplugs. That was not possible in my S1 when I drove it from my place to Brands Hatch - the only time I tried, I made it one motorway exit (basically to the other side of the town I lived in) and had to turn back and get earplugs. Took less time to get to Brands Hatch from my old UK house than it takes me to get to Summit Point from the current house, too.

In contrast my wife and I took my FD to Switzerland from the UK, which was at least 10-12h drive each way.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s0xADxuYi4lQvxHxLTHQByfztHX24Z7VB2oi4WVKPu8gHWHHYUYim4unSd5xmate