Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 4:22 p.m.

Evidence:

They weren't the fastest, but they probably had the most fun, and they were definitely the coolest!!!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/26/12 4:22 p.m.

So that's what Eddie Munster is up to these days!

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 4:26 p.m.

BTW, the decal on the tailgate says "Do at least one thing a day that scares you".

Also, it had a 383 with lots of mods. It sounded properly beastie and evil while doing this stuff!

corytate
corytate Dork
6/26/12 5:03 p.m.

First Reaction: THE HELL YOU SAY!?!
after reading: ok, carry on. =]

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
6/26/12 5:19 p.m.

So... Much.. win...

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 5:52 p.m.
corytate wrote: First Reaction: THE HELL YOU SAY!?! after reading: ok, carry on. =]

Exactly.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
6/26/12 5:55 p.m.

That's not autocross, its hooning . . . with cones. At least that's what I'm telling myself so I can maintain my safe little "Miata's rule at autocross" fantasy world. We have an 80's vintage Malibu that shows up and hoons the crap out of our autocross courses here locally. He's not particularly fast, but he does appear to be having more fun than the rest of us . . .

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 5:56 p.m.

By the way, I co-drove a car that event:

It's a stock 1.7 with suspension work. Berkeleying go-kart!

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 5:59 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

It wasn't really hooning though (well, most of the runs). The front end had grip like crazy and he'd just walk the tail out a bit to get it through the corner. They beat an E46 330i, an 06 Mustang, a 996, a Z4, a 350Z, and a smattering of Boxster and Caymans on what was definitely a handling course (I beat a GT-R in a 1.7 914). Very impressive driving!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
6/26/12 6:26 p.m.

yup. us musclecar guys just come out to have fun.

for me, i never plan on being competitive. so i just show up, run, and hang out. its all abouy yhe attitude.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MbppfXUBO1GjroElzUE5eRuQ5gjwppiKLxjrY1adK69L345KWfk6zKDGFwOFHz26