2 3 4
Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
3/31/21 10:34 p.m.

As I'm driving my rental 2021 Nissan Altima back from the office I realize that I don't need practical. My wife has a practical comfortable car that we take on most all  runs or road trips. I have the truck to do truck things. It's delightful, cheap, and cheerful. It get's crap fuel economy, but what do I care. I drive it maybe once a week. So I don't need practical, and I don't need fuel economy because I'm not driving every day. Reliability is kinda the same. Especially if my cheap and cheerful vehicle is a Toyota truck. I'm not really worried about that one not running. 

If I'm going to two cars, one of which being the truck, what does that leave me with? There really isn't anything I do with the wagon/vette that I couldn't do with something in between those two. The sensible answer would be mustang/camaro/370z. But those are alll common place. I could go further up the unreliable scale with something more exotic, but then being sensible with prices takes over. I like Elise's but they aren't worth $45k for a used one. I think a 996 would be the answer, but Porsche repair costs scare me and is it ten times better than a miata? Now I'm just thinking myself in a loop. Anything easily attainable is pase.  Anything more exotic is ludicuos money or so exotic that it becomes maybe not a great idea to own as a 1 of 2. I'm starting to see how I ended up with the corvette. 

Also - As soon as I receive the title (long story) the corvette will be for sale. $25k for those of GRM. 

calteg
calteg Dork
4/1/21 9:00 a.m.

Interested in the vette, what's the year and mileage?

Any valve work done?

Also, most Elises I see are in the $35,000 range, unless you're looking for a garage queen with 4 digit mileage

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
4/1/21 11:48 a.m.

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Meh.  Miata's suck.  I know I'm in the minority here but I can't stand them. They're incredibly slow, don't handle or stop all that well and I don't fit in them worth a damn.

I've had zero issues with my 996, I've been able to take care of all its needs myself...

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
4/1/21 12:07 p.m.

The "it's my wife's car" response is what I used a time or two while solo driving her new at the time '90 240sx (I very rarely drove that thing).

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
4/1/21 12:56 p.m.
docwyte said:

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Meh.  Miata's suck.  I know I'm in the minority here but I can't stand them.

Burn the Witch.............Burn the Witch..................Heretic!!!!!

calteg
calteg Dork
4/1/21 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

My memory is failing, it's actually an S-type R

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PPxMwpUtsb3q4vJfwahV4e4vkTTT81ooZfbHmJTAO58TldnLfE3JXBsV2J3Z5J6m