1 2 3
dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
7/31/12 9:20 p.m.

So in 10 words or less sum up the last 730 days or so

EvanB
EvanB UberDork
7/31/12 9:34 p.m.

Let me know if you need any help. I have become more experienced at hacking together a turbo Miata.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
7/31/12 10:08 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: So in 10 words or less sum up the last 730 days or so

Stop buying Wranglers so I have time to play with my berkeleying car!!!

Ok, that was 13 words,

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
7/31/12 10:58 p.m.

there is now an entire forum for builds. I will try to keep tabs on this one.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/1/12 10:57 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: there is now an entire forum for builds. I will try to keep tabs on this one.

Yeah, I was bumping this to hopefully get it moved over.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Reader
8/1/12 4:01 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:
deadmeat wrote: Keep up the write-up with more good pics *for us miata gays* ;)
and this is why I dont drink at the computer...

I don't often laugh out loud from just reading something... But I DID from this!

BTW, I love this build. I may need a Miata at some point.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/8/12 1:00 a.m.

Another Bumpage to get this moved to the new forum...

Finally got the car moved to my new shop. I either need a larger car, or a smaller trailer...Finally home, with two years of dust and paw-prints to remind me of how I lost my way... A reminder of what I started with... Which progressed to this... To where it sits now...

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
8/8/12 9:51 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: Finally got the car moved to my new shop. I either need a larger car, or a smaller trailer...

two miatas

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/8/12 12:00 p.m.

I was hoping to load my'92 and move both in one shot, but the trailer was a couple feet to short.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/12/12 11:27 p.m.
EvanB wrote: Let me know if you need any help. I have become more experienced at hacking together a turbo Miata.

May take you up on the offer. It's really damn close as it sits, but I don't trust myself with elecrics.

I need to go thru my notes, but I think all that needs to be done is swap in the new wide-band 02, as well as the intake air-temp sensor. Then the Hydra Nemesis.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/13/12 2:13 p.m.

Another bumpage for moving to the new forum...

EvanB
EvanB UberDork
8/13/12 2:34 p.m.

I think it may never get there.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/13/12 2:44 p.m.

You may be correct, sir. I guess this is what happens when I post something like this on a forum that hates Miatas!!!

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/29/12 12:19 p.m.

Another bumpage for movation the the new forum... Starting Saturday I have ten days off from work, so I will actually have time to do something with the car.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/30/13 4:47 a.m.

Well, a bit less than two years between updates this time...

First, I did a bit of dusting... Photobucket

Then I started plotting where to cut some holes when I get a warm weekend... Photobucket

Broke out the cordless Dremel... Photobucket

Engine-bay is mostly done, aside from some miscellaneous heat-shields and stuff. That will wait until after the car actually starts... Photobucket

Photobucket

All that's left is installing some new, shiny bits, which are all smarter than me... Photobucket

This will replace the old Link piggy-back, as well as the factory ECU, with its ingenious mounting system, coutesy of the previous owner... Photobucket

Finally, every ratty-assed Miata deserves a little "Italian Chrome"... Photobucket

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/30/13 10:06 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: Yeah, the rat look is starting to grow on me. It's kinda cool to look in the mirror, and see how Mr. Mustang's eyeballs grow at roughly the same rate that his car shrinks!!!

Bring it bitches

http://s869.beta.photobucket.com/user/aussiesmg/media/Mustang%20LX%202011/grm2012037.mp4.html

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
1/30/13 10:24 a.m.

do you have any idea how long till it breathes again? Looks like youre really close...

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/30/13 12:26 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: do you have any idea how long till it breathes again? Looks like youre really close...

Hopefully in the very near future... Just need to install thee Hydra, and splice in the new wide-band O2 and intake air temp sensor.

Problem is, I don't do electrical... I'm the kind of guy who can break-out the volt meter, probe a wire on a car, and my refrigerator will explode.

Plan is to take the car down to Aussie's, and let his buddy Sean attack the wiring in a couple weeks.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/30/13 12:37 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
grafmiata wrote: Yeah, the rat look is starting to grow on me. It's kinda cool to look in the mirror, and see how Mr. Mustang's eyeballs grow at roughly the same rate that his car shrinks!!!
Bring it bitches http://s869.beta.photobucket.com/user/aussiesmg/media/Mustang%20LX%202011/grm2012037.mp4.html

Play nice, Steve, or I'll have John fill your cages with lead...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
1/31/13 9:34 a.m.

Play nice, what sort of horse-pucky is that

and for the hell of it

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
1/31/13 11:59 a.m.

"Why does my Challenge Mustang now weigh 7400 pounds???"

Steve Griffiths, 3/17/2013

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/2/13 2:50 p.m.
grafmiata wrote: "Why does my Challenge Mustang now weigh 7400 pounds???" Steve Griffiths, 3/17/2013

Cause it sucked two Miatas into its wake

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
2/2/13 5:14 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
grafmiata wrote: "Why does my Challenge Mustang now weigh 7400 pounds???" Steve Griffiths, 3/17/2013
Cause it sucked two Miatas into its wake

Well-played, sir, well-played...

So when you gonna be coming up to go thru John's place? He already flipped all the cars onto their roofs so things will make sense to you.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/2/13 5:48 p.m.

sweet ,see you tomorrow

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
4/29/13 7:11 p.m.

After further review, I have made the decision to pull the plug on the Hairball...

Will be having a garage-sale shortly.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h5HEOpLlsnrFJVXBU4W5A9oOIJGCCQ0NvCzs80cf37wjgvho1lrKBawKZNB4TODo