1 2 3
Lof8
Lof8 HalfDork
3/5/17 12:15 p.m.

unlimited runs for teams not using the pro drivers.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
3/5/17 12:19 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: unlimited runs for teams not using the pro drivers.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/5/17 2:36 p.m.

When I say "hot lap" I mean the drivers stays in or at least near the car, maybe air pressures get tweaked, maybe shocks get an adjustment, just a few minutes to fine tune between laps, similar to a pro solo. I'm not against anyone hot lapping if there is no line of cars waiting to run.

I also think if you get in the pro driver lane you get the driver you get. I understand some of the guys are more personable than others, Alan is a great guy, highly sought after and also the only one hanging out bs'ing with the builders poolside and in the parking lot. But all the guys in the pro shirts are very skilled and if you aren't up to self driving any of them should be capable of yielding a good result especially if they knock out all three runs in a row. I always drove my own car, I did let alan take a few of my runs int he turdospeed miata when I felt I wasn't able to drive that particular car to it's potential, he wasn't able to improve on my time, I did let steve holscher drive the mach 1.5 in a fun run after my competition runs and he was able to best my time by about .1 but that would have affected standings if it had counted, but I made the choice that i wanted to take all my own official runs. I've never so much as landed on the podium in the autocross portion but i've been very close.

Man I miss doing the challenge but sadly I don't think I'll be making it down this year either :( I am hoping the supplemental class for $2018 is wagons not that I have one or even a plan I just think a wagon class would be hella-sweet

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/9/17 8:03 a.m.

I was pretty sure GRM worked out the Pro driver use, I just wanted to look for an incentive to get people out in that first hour. I think it's pretty clear that times get better as the day goes on, so running late makes sense. Therefore, some incentive, like unlimited runs with times that count, makes sense to me. I'm fine with them needing to be team member driven, mainly because my teammate won the General Tire challenge last year (Hi Tod. :-)

I like what has been said about a staging lane for cars without runs, so they can cut the line. Maybe have two lanes, one for cars with less than 3 runs, and one for the remainder. The first lane getting priority.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LbYwI4j9DauXoQWF7qkduKqpSKYKVbni4HjkXOG9oVdr4iOfTUhfdQ7KRUh2rZ7v