3 4 5
Woody
Woody SuperDork
12/11/11 8:21 p.m.

Love the brown van!

Keith, check to see if they route all the juice through the brake light switch (a lot of VW and Porsche products do). If so, brake light switches burn out frequently. Add a relay and you'll never have to change a switch again.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
12/11/11 8:27 p.m.

Nice. I think that really looks like a lot of fun.

pigeon
pigeon Dork
12/11/11 9:17 p.m.

Nice buy! You know, plaid fabric is relatively cheap and you've done upholstery before IIRC. Or you could cover the seats to match the Caddy's dash.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
12/11/11 10:12 p.m.

The upholstery is too good to tear out. But the dash does need recovering. And just wait until you see the floor I put in today

I'm thinking it would be fun to make a mobile tiki bar out of this thing.

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
12/11/11 10:18 p.m.
Keith wrote: Yes, for once I'm making the practical choice.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Keith Tanner?

Luke
Luke SuperDork
12/11/11 10:52 p.m.

Awesome buy . I think the square ones are way cooler than the 'kombi' vans, anyway, (early split windscreens excluded).

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
12/11/11 11:32 p.m.

Nice. The only thing I recall about the one I ever rode in was that it had a great turning radius for a van.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
12/12/11 4:08 a.m.

Same price as the green bay window? Yer kiddin'. That's what we call a 'no brainer' around here, or air-cooled prices are riding one hell of a bubble.

Well bought, as they say.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
12/12/11 9:13 a.m.

Boonie Bug

Must resist LINK

imirk
imirk Reader
12/12/11 11:13 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Boonie Bug Must resist LINK

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath HalfDork
12/12/11 7:15 p.m.

Good buy.

Personally, I would be super tempted to duplicate the green plaid. If you're going to drive a camper van, the so ugly it's cute theme is a natural choice in my opinion.

Sort of like these guys.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
12/12/11 8:40 p.m.

I'm not sure this van has the innate funkiness to pull off green plaid. It'll go a different way. First I'm going to work on practicality so it works well at its intended purpose - that's akin to sorting the handling on a new track toy, really - then comes the fun. Although it could be argued that the wood floor I installed in the van's, umm, "living room" on Sunday is a bit fun.

The Boonie Bug is awesome. It would be like being in a Barbarella movie or Space 1999 all the time.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R0X5YFluESxd1T7KZULiLgFs96FA6KUIyHHcYxuHaOzOLHjKpHxHNwQIGHEkeKWr