9 10 11
Woody
Woody MegaDork
5/20/13 11:10 a.m.

That was a fun month.

pereiracycles
pereiracycles
1/22/17 10:52 a.m.

Found this forum via mazdeuce's R63 fame. Loving it. Can't believe you could buy a 911 for under $10k just 5 years ago!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/22/17 12:53 p.m.
pereiracycles wrote: Found this forum via mazdeuce's R63 fame. Loving it. Can't believe you could buy a 911 for under $10k just 5 years ago!

Unfortunately, you could also sell one for less than $10k back then too.

toomanytoyz
toomanytoyz New Reader
6/10/17 10:25 p.m.
pereiracycles wrote: Found this forum via mazdeuce's R63 fame. Loving it. Can't believe you could buy a 911 for under $10k just 5 years ago!

As did I. And I thought the same thing! Man, no chance in finding anything like that anymore!

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/27/23 9:16 a.m.

Zombie thread alert! Last week, Mr.Joshua called me to tell me he was ready to part with this car and ask if I would be interested. A deal was struck then and there! So, yesterday, my son and I, along with a friend pulled the car out of the garage and got it loaded up on the trailer. It has been sitting for a while, so it will need a complete going through. Regardless, my son and I are excited to dig in! 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/27/23 9:17 a.m.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
2/27/23 9:52 a.m.

It looks happy to see the light of day!  Exvited to see it come back to the world.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
2/27/23 10:18 a.m.

Wow...I am so happy to see this car again!

I really wish that I could have kept it and made a daily driver out of it, but I would have had to park it outside and, as a Targa, the interior would have been full of water all the time.

FYI, I 100% believe that this car only has 54,000 miles on it. Once I got all the bugs figured out, it was one of the nicest 911 engines I'd ever driven.

Congratulations, enjoy it, and please, please, please keep adding to this thread!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/27/23 10:20 a.m.

Also, those wheels and tires came off of my friend's 1983 944.

Don't drive on them. The tires may actually be 40 years old.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/27/23 10:24 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Wow...I am so happy to see this car again!

I really wish that I could have kept it and made a daily driver out of it, but I would have had to park it outside and, as a Targa, the interior would have been full of water all the time.

FYI, I 100% believe that this car only has 53,000 miles on it. Once I got all the bugs figured out, it was one of the nicest 911 engines I'd ever driven.

Congratulations, enjoy it, and please, please, please keep adding to this thread!

And I am really, really happy to have it! My son (now 18) has always had an irrational love of the early '80s 911 Targas, so, when Josh offered it to me, I had to say yes! I surprised my son with the pick up, only telling him that we were going to help Josh move a car. He spent the entire rest of yesterday prowling various Porsche sites, figuring out what we should do with it. :)

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/27/23 10:25 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Also, those wheels and tires came off of my friend's 1983 944.

Don't drive on them. The tires may actually be 40 years old.

Duly noted. I much prefer Fuchs to the cookie cutters, so I'm going to see if I can find a 16" set for a (semi) reasonable price.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
2/27/23 10:33 a.m.

Glad it stayed in the GRM family!

Looking forward to the progress.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/27/23 10:58 a.m.

Oh, an SC Targa!  I'm jealous!  Fix it all up and then call me when you wanna get rid of it, lol!!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/27/23 11:47 a.m.

Total zombie thread but for a very good reason. Hope we see it out and about soon. 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/27/23 3:34 p.m.

Just back from the DMV with a freshly registered 911 SC in my name! smiley

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
2/27/23 4:31 p.m.

Awesome!  Nice snag!!

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
2/27/23 4:38 p.m.

Where are my friends with 911's they need me to rescue?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/28/23 9:16 a.m.
dyintorace said:

Just back from the DMV with a freshly registered 911 SC in my name! smiley

Much congratulations. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
3/1/23 10:43 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

You have mail. 

9 10 11