1 2 3
A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
2/4/21 7:10 p.m.

Let's take a vintage wine, pour it out, and fill the bottle with some new hip craft beer.  Yeah.  That's what we need.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/4/21 7:16 p.m.

Oh a Tesla can burn rubber just fine.

On topic: I’m not sure the wide body E Porsche does it for me.

For starters, wide body 911 is sexy but isn’t exactly a new thing.

But really, isn’t like 80% of the charm inherent to an old air cooled P-car the air cooled flat 6 itself? To me, the E-RWB is like getting to see Jimi Hendrix play, but he’s just doing acoustic covers of Celine Dion.

Although, that might be kind of awesome. Carry on...

I’d be much more excited about an electrified classic that started with a less iconic engine.

Edit: Maybe like, ahem, <looks around mischievously> a Jaguar? o_O

STM317
STM317 UberDork
2/4/21 7:17 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

"Let us know what you think of this all-electric RWB 911. And what sort of car would you drop a Tesla powerplant into if given the option?" Are you sure you want me to answer that?

I've never been a big Porsche fan, except as a possible source of transmissions to build something better. But this is just BERK-tastic, and that is NOT a compliment.

As to putting a Tesla drivetrain into something, maybe a Yugo on it's way to the scrapper?

Very disappointed to see so many recent articles on EV's, smacks of giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

Real cars burn gas and rubber!

So much fear in this post. EVs can absolutely rip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uxjPipmrLnQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UT7GTKpWTdg

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
2/4/21 7:21 p.m.

Is the motor in the back?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/4/21 7:41 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

"Let us know what you think of this all-electric RWB 911. And what sort of car would you drop a Tesla powerplant into if given the option?" Are you sure you want me to answer that?

I've never been a big Porsche fan, except as a possible source of transmissions to build something better. But this is just BERK-tastic, and that is NOT a compliment.

As to putting a Tesla drivetrain into something, maybe a Yugo on it's way to the scrapper?

Very disappointed to see so many recent articles on EV's, smacks of giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

Real cars burn gas and rubber!

Burning rubber is a sign that your car has insufficient traction.

Never understood why people like to celebrate their vehicles' failings...

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/4/21 10:41 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

My sarcasm meter is usually pretty good at this, but I’ll admit I’m not sure here, so I’ll ask:  Why is EV the enemy?

I love internal combustion as much as anybody (my tastes skew toward American V8’s but I appreciate so many others too) but it’s hard to ignore the performance potential of EV cars.  I also doubt the SCCA moved the dual motor Model 3 to SS just to stick it to the man. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m in it to have fun so it’s all gravy to me.

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
2/5/21 12:37 a.m.
RichardSIA said:

Simple, the EV Fanboise' and their Green Mafia allies refuse to live and let live while deliberately ignoring the realities of EV's mass use.

Musky and his True Believers (Among others) insist on making it a zero-sum game, they cannot be satisfied until ICE cars are banned outright. Rather than gain market share by having the superior product they continue to lobby for ICE cars to be replaced prematurely by legislative fiat.

The mainstream media are in their pockets, state legislatures are irrationally lining up behind them too.

When Musky made his statements that all ICE cars should be banned, and even aircraft should be electric, he declared war.

Fine, so be it, but I'm not surrendering without a fight!

The Porsche looks horrible with the too wide flares, without it's Porsche heart it's reduced to just another kit car build.

One reason I live in Nevada is that it will be one of the last states where EV's can be forced on us. Just too rural for the infrastructure required to happen in my life time, if ever.

Sir, this is an Arby's.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Gotcha, definitely not sarcasm. ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/5/21 6:40 a.m.
RichardSIA said:

When Musky made his statements that all ICE cars should be banned, and even aircraft should be electric, he declared war.

Are you talking about Elon Musk?  Of course he's going to lobby against ICE, he has an electric car company.  It's not any different than the head of General Mills urging everyone to eat Cheerios for breakfast. 

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/5/21 7:14 a.m.

I feel like this thread is headed towards subjects like chemtrails and Antifa. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/5/21 7:31 a.m.

In reply to ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) :

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
2/5/21 11:25 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

The bar of the cage as an anti-whiplash device is *ahem* a novel choice

This. The rest of the car is extremely cool, but the seats? WTH

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/5/21 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Matt B (fs) :

It pops your noggin like an egg, thus saving you from ever knowing that your gazillion dollar car just got totalled by someone texting their BFF Jill.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/5/21 1:18 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

As I've said before, everyone please save yourselves, run out and buy the latest shiny planned obsoleteness object. Enjoy the pretense of running on solar, windmills, and Unicorn farts. /s

Escape the horror of all those "Dangerous", "Old", "Mass polluting", pre-80's classic British and Italian cars, send them to me, I will even come get them if not too far away. /s*

*/s = Sarcasm.

I simply have to object to Herd Mentality when the Lemmings are rushing for the cliff!

Are the quotes to imply that those cars are not "old", "dangerous" or "mass polluting"? Because it's really easy to prove that, yes, they are in fact all of those things. You're trying to hide behind your sarcasm tag but it's not believable.

I have old British stuff and I have stuff that's newer. I have things with carbs and things with fuel injection. I have an EV. Based on your statements, you've drunk a lot more of the kool-aid than I have. It's not necessarily herd mentality to believe that cars did not peak with carburetors and that maybe, just maybe it's possible to improve on an MGB or a 1960's Land Rover. Or an old Porsche.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/5/21 1:41 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

I simply have to object to Herd Mentality when the Lemmings are rushing for the cliff!

There is no cliff is the punchline here.

iansane
iansane Reader
2/5/21 1:45 p.m.
red_stapler said:

Sir, this is an Arby's.

I just keep rereading this and laughing. I can't thumb up it enough.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/6/21 11:23 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

The internet must be a horrifying place for you.  

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/6/21 11:26 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

A car like this is not about the cheapest way to do something.

I'm glad somebody said it. I think sometimes we blind ourselves from the beauty and the "art of the possible" when it comes to some things. 

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
2/6/21 12:33 p.m.

SO........ I'd like to see more of that Porsche.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/6/21 12:44 p.m.

I love this entire build, except the widebody. 

Do the electric propulsion. And those seats are secksy. Love the color. but I just cant stop thinking the widebody is too far over the top. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
2/6/21 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

The seats are my favorite part

nocones
nocones UberDork
2/6/21 1:50 p.m.

I can't get over how amazing those seats look.  As a low back vintage look seat that has some modern nods they nailed it.  

RWB style is what it is. You either like it, or not.  

I'm intrigued by electric power trains.  If seems that all of the conversions are about melting your face off with acceleration.  It seems that that is where the market is pointed and I'm hoping it's just for the clicks.

I would love to see a conversion like the Alfahalics  Resto mod focused on driver engagement.  Some that is quick but captures the driver.  Maybe a early Lotus Open wheel car or something like that.   That's my only concern about electric cars.  That and that I don't understand how they work or how to motorswap one ..

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/6/21 2:18 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

I like electric drivetrains.  It isn't about being green or making a social statement or anything, it is 100% about facial melting accelerative properties.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/6/21 4:20 p.m.

I like three pedals and ICE sounds. I don't hate technology I just think this thing with a hopped up 3.2 and a 5 speed would put a bigger smile on my face. I feel like I need a disclaimer when I say that in here so I'm not labelled anti-progress or something and that's weird.

Azulevo
Azulevo New Reader
2/6/21 8:33 p.m.

Might be a while before this car is seen again...   But i do hope it returns....  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bk9PM3AlEkD9yRmsCwd0opL1aC8CtVeCFvve79msUMRooUMbgtKlFIWu6JO7yDqX