Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 4:59 p.m.

With the new issue that arrived today for proof!

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/13/20 4:59 p.m.

Me and duster found a 13mm in E36 M3box when stripping it! 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 5:43 p.m.

Lol just noticed the title of the issue! laugh

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
7/13/20 5:54 p.m.

Photoshop. imPOSSible!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/13/20 5:56 p.m.

Every time I think things can't get stranger in this world, 2020 keeps just outdoing itself.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
7/13/20 6:40 p.m.

Weirdly, I found one today too.  Right at the end of my driveway.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/13/20 7:14 p.m.

And, today I checked the drawer at Lowes.

The 10mm bin has always been empty every time I've checked it for at least the last two years.

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/13/20 7:26 p.m.

I spent all last weekend finding empty bins of 7mm wrenches just about everywhere I went.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
7/13/20 7:26 p.m.

mine disappeared  down the front  of the 'BRO DOZER'  until I grabbed the yard MAGNET and voila' whataya know 10mm  in yur hand....

GTwannaB
GTwannaB HalfDork
7/13/20 9:57 p.m.

So I needed a 8mm last week and could not find it. Went to Ace hardware and 1/4 in metric sockets were $29.99 for set of Craftsman. Look at kit including socket plus a craftsman 1/4 driver for $25.99. So I buy the latter. Man that ratchet is the biggest (or smallest) piece of E36 M3 tool I ever bought. The forums are right Craftsman quality has slipped  immensely. Got home and found the missing 8mm, can't win. 

Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
7/13/20 10:23 p.m.

I bought a Torx socket set for installing an intake manifold spacer in my Frontier this weekend, because needed E6 to remove the factory studs. Bought the only set of Torx sockets with an E6 in Autozone. Well the E6 in the set didn't fit the stud...too small... odd... E7 was little loose but was able to work thankfully (not a high torque value on them). Upon closer examination of the E6 socket it was actually an E5 size that was identified and marked as an E6 on the socket body... what-the-heck...

And I have no idea where my 6 point 10mm is... been using the 12 point for a while now...

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
7/13/20 10:26 p.m.

Funny, my co-worker spent all-day looking for his 10mm. Wonder......

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
7/14/20 5:38 a.m.

My friend and I found one in a W201 he bought. To this day it's the only SnapOn tool he owns.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/14/20 5:57 a.m.

I've found sockets and screwdrivers and bits in DIYers' undertrays and such.  I return them.

Last month I dropped an undertray and a 1/4" drive 10mm fell out.  I picked it up and said "Look, a meme!"

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/14/20 6:07 a.m.

I have yet to find one of those elusive 10 mm sockets, but I did score a 10 mm GearWrench laying in the road yesterday.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/14/20 6:11 a.m.

I was riding a couple of years ago and found this half buried in dirt on the shoulder of the road.

Snap On 10mm, 3/8 drive, 6-point, deep.

The crazy part (to me, at least) was I found this while on a group ride with at least a couple of hundred riders who had ridden past this socket. And nobody else thought to look at it.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/14/20 7:52 a.m.

When I was going through my late fathers garage, I found four socket sets under his work bench. Every single one of them was missing the 10 mm. I still don't get it since he only used his tools to work on his MGs, which were SAE or that weird British old system.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/14/20 7:58 a.m.

I found mine!!

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/14/20 8:51 a.m.
GTwannaB said:

So I needed a 8mm last week and could not find it. Went to Ace hardware and 1/4 in metric sockets were $29.99 for set of Craftsman. Look at kit including socket plus a craftsman 1/4 driver for $25.99. So I buy the latter. Man that ratchet is the biggest (or smallest) piece of E36 M3 tool I ever bought. The forums are right Craftsman quality has slipped  immensely. Got home and found the missing 8mm, can't win. 

And because Lowes has gone full in on Craftsman, they have or are phasing out their Kobalt brand tools.  I am not a happy camper about that as Kobalt handtools are very much a  high quality tool for a DIYer

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/14/20 9:10 a.m.

Finally, confirmation of the theory that black holes are really wormholes with an exit.

Trent (Generally supportive dude)
Trent (Generally supportive dude) PowerDork
7/14/20 9:56 a.m.

I spent an hour this morning looking for the 1/2" socket I misplaced right before leaving work last night.  I don't lose tools at work and it was really bothering me. 

looked in the bay of the car I was working on last and there it was stuck to the last nut I tightened up.  frown

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/14/20 9:57 a.m.
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:
GTwannaB said:

And because Lowes has gone full in on Craftsman, they have or are phasing out their Kobalt brand tools.  I am not a happy camper about that as Kobalt handtools are very much a  high quality tool for a DIYer

I like the Kobalt tools I have, but so far, the best “hardware store-grade” 1/4” ratchet I own is from my Home Depot set.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7StXgh4jktZAhrA58cXSdH9uBXHuBgnIldKKzbKmpPmer73O5FQdrqOGN6rfLExM