2 3 4 5 6
Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
2/3/19 5:36 a.m.

There were definitely some 'meh' parts to the whole 'truck' test.  Especially the part at the end where they were shooting from the bed... no way they gave those idiots live ammo!  The 'fleeing' race was pretty funny, though...

And that Jaguar... oh, my... devil

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
2/3/19 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

The whole "how many RPM did I need to pull something while severely traction-limited" test made me cringe pretty hard...

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
2/3/19 11:11 a.m.

I get the feeling that their “tests” are mostly a platform for silly jokes.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
2/3/19 11:22 a.m.

Bezos needs to do a Fifth Gear instead.  Replete with Tiff and Vicki

Antihero
Antihero Dork
2/3/19 12:15 p.m.

The truck episode was terrible, especially the pulling down statues part. I really liked the Columbian episode too, so the contrast was pretty severe.

I will say though.....Clarkston looks like he's in way way worse shape this year. Not that the man was ever an athlete but he's gained a considerable amount of weight recently. I bet they were really worried about him at high altitude so they demanded he at least being oxygen. He was in terrible shape the last time they went to high altitude and that was many years ago. It's kinda sad but I agree.....the thing that kills the show will end up being him not physically able to do it anymore

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
2/3/19 12:31 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

I get the feeling that their “tests” are mostly a platform for silly jokes.

I'm honestly surprised that anyone who watches the show doesn't get this.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/3/19 9:05 p.m.

I watched it tonight. Never been a Jag fan but that was pretty cool.  Otherwise?  Meh.  It had some moments that made me laugh, but big contrast from the 2pt special last week.  I did laugh at the fleeing bit.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
2/7/19 10:12 p.m.

Wow. This was a good episode this week. The Jim Clark piece was really good I thought, and seeing Abby out in the field was a nice change up. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
2/8/19 11:56 a.m.

Fairly standard stuff for the most part, but the Jim Clark thing was epic.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
2/8/19 12:20 p.m.

The Jim Clark segment was alot like the Group B battle between Lancia and Audi segment from last season, very very well done, informative, and entertaining.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/8/19 8:14 p.m.

Great show except for the rant part about horses. I would like to know why Hollywood or movie companies around the world has not made a Jim Clark movie??? They did Senna and the movie Rush

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
2/8/19 9:09 p.m.

Yes. Every time I start to think they are losing their edge, that they are no longer interesting, they do something like the Audi/Lancia segment. Or the tribute to Jim Clark. Which was absolutely wonderful.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
2/8/19 9:11 p.m.

The Jim Clark story was amazing. I also found the shape of the ice track to be entertaining cheeky

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
2/9/19 9:44 p.m.

Watching now. The Jim Clark tribute is berkeleying fantastic. And I’m happy Hammond is narrating. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
2/9/19 10:46 p.m.

I've been unimpressed with TGT this season.  
Especially this last episode.  
Meh.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/9/19 11:39 p.m.

I liked the Alpine.

I hate horses, and applaud any bad press they get.

Jim Clark was a badass.

For everybody ragging on the show- what one is better? Roadkill was alright, MCM can be fun, but I'm not able to name anything better. I'd really like to know if there is anything.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/9/19 11:52 p.m.

I thought this was the second best studio show they’ve done with Amazon, the first best being the Lancia one. 

No complaints about any of it

thedoc
thedoc New Reader
2/10/19 6:16 a.m.

this last episode was one of the tops.  The jim clark segment was heartfelt and awesome.  I liked the snow racing segment.  I'd like to see more of the female driver.  I think they are keeping her quiet until she has more of a following.  I was really sorry what they did with "the american".  He had a lot of talent and that whole "hates everything" was just  plain stupid.

I think one of the issues with the amazon show is that they can just do and say anything. When it was bbc they really were poking the establishment with skits and comments.  Now we know that there is no oversight.

For me, the best thing is that my son wants to watch some tv with me.  That is the absolute best.  He seems to enjoy it more than I do.  He hated the segments with celebrities and is thrilled they took that out.

Hopefully, imo they will do more shows like the last.  But didn't they say they are only going to do travel segments now? Thats what the american top gear ended up, didn't it.  I also  enjoyed t hat show more than most, but that would be another thread.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
2/10/19 9:29 a.m.

Going back to the Columbia episodes, and because my Google mojo isn’t working this morning, who is that Jethro Tull sounding band with lyrics in Spanish?  I want to download that.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/10/19 9:38 a.m.

I learned who Jim Clark was last night.  I'm glad I did.  The horse segment was the only downer, but will we ever get to see Abby more than the eyes and two sentences?  Although the quip about racing dicks but never on a dick was pretty good.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/10/19 1:48 p.m.

Loved the last one. This whole season it feels like they are fully back in their post BBC stride.   Beautiful Jim Clark piece, but I’m surprised that they didn’t have Dario Franchitti on. He may not have been from the period, but he’s a certified Clark fan boy. He has a whole room devoted to him and buys any memorabilia he can. He’s also very involved with the Jim Clark museum etc. 

I don’t get the hate on the horse rant segment. I thought it was hilarious and well done. What did people not like?  The fact it was off topic? That it was about horses?  I’m surprised it’s garnered so many comments here. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/10/19 4:33 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

I would like to know why Hollywood or movie companies around the world has not made a Jim Clark movie??? They did Senna and the movie Rush

I liked this episode, particularly the tribute to Clark.  My guess is there wasn't enough off-track drama in his life to suit Hollywood.  He was a quiet man who just wanted to be a sheep farmer.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/10/19 6:26 p.m.

Yeah I do not understand the horse segment haters. I just watched it again. Hilarious. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
2/10/19 7:25 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:

Going back to the Columbia episodes, and because my Google mojo isn’t working this morning, who is that Jethro Tull sounding band with lyrics in Spanish?  I want to download that.

If you go into the bonus features on the episode, one of the things they give is information on all of music. 

I enjoy the trivia there, too.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
2/10/19 8:21 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Loved the last one. This whole season it feels like they are fully back in their post BBC stride.   Beautiful Jim Clark piece, but I’m surprised that they didn’t have Dario Franchitti on. He may not have been from the period, but he’s a certified Clark fan boy. He has a whole room devoted to him and buys any memorabilia he can. He’s also very involved with the Jim Clark museum etc. 

I was thinking the same thing, it would have been nice to hear from Dario during that segment. Still, can't complain, it was excellent.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z8HnLGQQWuRDsbbaBLYQMPOQpAnAG7u1Pc8XzEfKq478SpcdhVditvDmhUQyYBMP