5 6 7 8 9
rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
4/8/19 8:29 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

They have been heavily referring to ‘Mr Willman’ instead of ‘the producers’ ever since they found safe haven at Amazon and we’re free of Auntie. 

They're just going by the name of the executive producer of the show (Andy Wilman). 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/9/19 8:59 a.m.

That Mongolian episode was one of the best of all times.

They had a diff lock. Why didn't they use it to stop the hopping?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/9/19 9:43 a.m.

Also, it didn't break because it was fairly simple and all of the electrical connections were brand new.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/9/19 10:44 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Watched it last night. Loved it. Though I was really hoping the last ten minutes would be footage of them getting E36 M3-faced and telling dirty jokes.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/9/19 1:02 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Because they wanted it to hop.  

If you look closely, there are times when only the front tires are spinning.  So they either did it on purpose, or there was a failure in the rear driveline.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/9/19 1:06 p.m.

I am guessing on purpose. The fronts were hopping because they had the least traction.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/9/19 1:15 p.m.
Cooter said:

Because they wanted it to hop.  

If you look closely, there are times when only the front tires are spinning.  So they either did it on purpose, or there was a failure in the rear driveline.

That's my guess.  It probably did some hopping inadvertently early in the filming, and someone said, "Hey, let's do some more of that, it will look good on the show."

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/9/19 2:03 p.m.
rslifkin said:
Adrian_Thompson said:

They have been heavily referring to ‘Mr Willman’ instead of ‘the producers’ ever since they found safe haven at Amazon and we’re free of Auntie. 

They're just going by the name of the executive producer of the show (Andy Wilman). 

YEs I realized that, I just think under the BBC they weren't allowed to make him 'part of the team'  He was 'just' a producer, when in reality he has been the fourth Beatle for years, he was in reality the script writer for a non scripted show!  I think Amazon gave them the freedom to acknowledge that a bit more.  

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/9/19 5:04 p.m.
Matt said:

whoever googled "creepy teepee", hands up LOL laugh

HERE! Also, hands up if you thought about how great it would look on fire right before Hammond(?) said something like “If we had booze, that thing would be on fire by the end of the night.”

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
4/9/19 7:02 p.m.

I was thinking it looked more like wood set up for a giant bonfire than a teepee anyway... cheeky

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/19 7:06 p.m.

I want either version of the stratos!!!!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/10/19 8:53 a.m.
Matt said:

I did and found nothing. It looked like a grave or a shrine. Maybe it was like the crosses and flowers you see on our highways.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/10/19 9:19 a.m.
kazoospec said:
Jerry said:

Just finished the most recent (the RV adventure).  That dune buggy racing looked like a hoot, loved the episode.  But I feel let down on who the mystery figure was?  I kept expecting some grand reveal or well any explanation.  But he just wandered off...  (My guess was the American from season 1?)

Maybe he's destined to be a regular feature as Clarkson's nemesis?  

Bringing this up because it seems many missed that the entire episode was a spoof of an old Peter Fonda movie called Run With The Devil.

It had very little to do with who the person actually was.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/10/19 3:30 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Matt said:

I did and found nothing. It looked like a grave or a shrine. Maybe it was like the crosses and flowers you see on our highways.

Me too, was disappointed not to find anything 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
4/11/19 9:12 p.m.

Watch tonight's episode. Now.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/11/19 10:57 p.m.
Tom_Spangler said:

Yes. I’ll withhold my comments for now until others have seen it, I’ll only say that I loved it. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/11/19 11:02 p.m.
mtn said:
Tom_Spangler said:

Yes. I’ll withhold my comments for now until others have seen it, I’ll only say that I loved it. 

Ditto. Just finished watching it.

Antihero
Antihero Dork
4/11/19 11:42 p.m.

I would have never thought an episode about a freaking Ford Contour( among others) would be so good

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
4/12/19 2:58 a.m.

Easily the best show in the series. Wow.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/12/19 6:52 a.m.

One of the very best ever for either GT or TG. 

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
4/12/19 9:38 a.m.

I was starting to think that there would be no further reason to have a tv in the house and certainly no reason to keep amazon video.

Seriously, this season especially; y'all gotten any more entertainment from *anything* else on television? With the exception of the Falcon Heavy launches and landings, I don't think I have.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
4/12/19 9:47 p.m.

It’s good they’re dropping the tent.  The specials are miles better than the regular episodes anyway.  Heck, even my very non-car wife likes the specials.  She saw the Mongolian one last week and then tonight says “..hey isn’t that British car show we like on now?...”

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
4/12/19 11:07 p.m.

I never understood the love for the Mondeo until I watched that episode. Now, I understand it. I don't *share* it, but I understand it.

It was, in fact, an awful episode.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/12/19 11:14 p.m.

They had me going for a minute there at the end...

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/13/19 6:28 a.m.

Now I want a Merkur XR4ti and a Contour SVT.

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wwXrcDMMulSIpGlweo3TL6HIYpKSNnQMnRjIGf2G1hgW8gGi4VCe55Vn0u7k9F5h