1 2 3 4 5
2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
7/19/17 9:20 a.m.

Definitely NOT a Volvo!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltraDork
7/19/17 10:18 a.m.
icaneat50eggs wrote: What in the world is a vagon? google makes it look like a train car.

CTS V-Wagon

Crash Enburn
Crash Enburn New Reader
7/19/17 12:14 p.m.

Like @ICanEat50Eggs, I was sitting here wondering, "Vagon?". As I'm pondering that over and over, suddenly, "Dammit! 'Crammit'?!"

Clue us in, kindly? What's a 'Crammit'?

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/19/17 1:39 p.m.

In reply to Crash Enburn:

Crammit=Camero

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
7/19/17 1:45 p.m.

'71 Vista Cruiser with LS-something and 6L80, bagged, big bars, big brakes, cold-ass A/C, moderate sound system, and quiet exhaust.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Dork
7/19/17 1:53 p.m.

$70k + beg, borrow, bake sale to buy an early 911 gt3

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
7/19/17 1:58 p.m.

I am epically disappointed in Volvo's pricing structure for the new models. They are about 15% inflated at a minimum.

I guess they have to pay for all those compressors.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
7/19/17 2:00 p.m.

If it HAD to be only one car, it would be something along these lines:

Or

Or

Or

It needs to haul in every sense of the word, and be classy while doing it.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
7/19/17 2:52 p.m.

For me it would be a used Ferrari. Seems like the best financial decision.

Once you start getting into what ifs about more than one car or keeping some as cash, oh, i'd never stop typing.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/19/17 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

I don't know if I'd want a Ferrari as my one and only car...

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
7/19/17 3:15 p.m.
FlightService wrote: I am epically disappointed in Volvo's pricing structure for the new models. They are about 15% inflated at a minimum.

Volvo is still in a weird spot since they were divested from Ford. Not really a luxury brand but higher tier than the VW's, Toyotas, and well Fords of the automotive world.

This is actually a pretty good read on how they got there.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
7/19/17 3:25 p.m.

My only car, something hot AWD, 997?

As a toy and keep my current DD, Factory Five. GTM, gen 3 65 Coupe, or a steel body 33. 70k can make on hell of a build.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/19/17 3:33 p.m.
The0retical wrote:
FlightService wrote: I am epically disappointed in Volvo's pricing structure for the new models. They are about 15% inflated at a minimum.
Volvo is still in a weird spot since they were divested from Ford. Not really a luxury brand but higher tier than the VW's, Toyotas, and well Fords of the automotive world. This is actually a pretty good read on how they got there.

Which is pretty much what Volvo (along with Saab, for that matter) was before Ford brass had delusions of competing with the Germans.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/19/17 4:27 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
poopshovel again wrote: Aaaaaand now you shiny happy people have me shopping for Vagons.
It's the right answer. You know it to be true.

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Found a white manual with black interior last night. FUUUUUUUUUU.......

poopshovel again
7/19/17 4:30 p.m.
Cactus wrote: Why have one car for 70k when you can have 10ish cars for a tenth of that? Overall, I'm more pleased with the cars I've bought for under $10K than the ones I've paid more than that for.

Insurance. Registration. Maintenance. Firing them up/cleaning them regularly.

A Jedi craves not these things.

poopshovel again
7/19/17 4:35 p.m.

This is NOT a slam, but how many of y'all have DRIVEN your dream car? Just curious. Having put a handful of cars I thought I desperately wanted on track, and spending some time with them on the street, has both narrowed, and broadened my list significantly.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
7/19/17 4:46 p.m.

For $70K, I'm buying this and not caring one little bit that it isn't "real":

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
7/19/17 5:04 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again:

I've driven them in video games And that's about as close as I'll ever get probably.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
7/19/17 5:10 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again:

You have no idea how low my standards actually are.

Let me show you...

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
7/19/17 5:31 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: Whatever is both street and race legal, and hard to destroy in either usage- after all, it needs to make up for the 15 or so cars that I would have bought and destroyed in its' place. Probably something along these lines:

I'm building a street legal one of those with a twin turbo ls as we speak

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
7/19/17 6:53 p.m.
I don't know if I'd want a Ferrari as my one and only car...

OP didn't say only car, just said you could only spend the 70k on one car.

If it was going to be my only only car right now? GS-F. Although i would drive a GS450h F-Sport while i was there, just to make sure.

Insurance. Registration. Maintenance. Firing them up/cleaning them regularly. A Jedi craves not these things.

True to the berkeleying that. I still do it. I may not be broke but i'm definitely broken somehow.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/20/17 6:08 a.m.

In reply to Vigo:

That was the point of my first post - the OP lacked enough specifics to make a clear decision.

My choices would be vastly different between "you have $70K for ONE car and you have to get rid of the other 5 cars you have" and "here's $70K - go have fun!"

Personally, the idea of only having one car absolutely petrifies me and has for years, so it's an academic discussion for me.

Blaise
Blaise Reader
7/20/17 6:17 a.m.

Really? Nobody else?

M3. Duh!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/20/17 7:14 a.m.

Geez a lot of you are boring and no fun. Can't even participate in a fun thought experiment.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
7/20/17 10:24 a.m.

I think a one-ton, 6+ liter gasoline dually truck, crew cab, with a nice fifth-wheel trailer, would be a good use of $70,000. It'd take care of road trips and hauling for a couple of decades.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VvZqNvCbxtdCgt67VmB26X2Bny9vAcQIN1TPsAIu1gOC7LTKFfYKLXlzJAp9elC2