1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/18/12 10:40 a.m.

Coming soon to an Infiniti dealer near you, the Q collection!

Who comes up with this lunacy?

andrave
andrave Dork
12/18/12 10:44 a.m.

uh, wtf? why man why?

is this a joke?

kreb
kreb SuperDork
12/18/12 10:49 a.m.

I liked the old Q better:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
12/18/12 10:50 a.m.
Javelin wrote: Who comes up with this lunacy?

Datsun, uhm I mean Nissan, er Infiniti....................the people that brought you the Datsun 810; or was it the Nissan Maxima?

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
12/18/12 10:51 a.m.

The cars are so bland and boring looking they had to do something to make them stand out...

steronz
steronz New Reader
12/18/12 10:53 a.m.

So they've ditched Mercedes' horrible naming convention in favor of Audi's horrible naming convention?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/18/12 10:55 a.m.
Ian F wrote: The cars are so bland and boring looking they had to do something to make them stand out...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
12/18/12 10:57 a.m.

With all the things that are wrong about modern cars, I can't get upset about how they're named.

Enyar
Enyar Reader
12/18/12 10:57 a.m.

I do not understand.

RossD
RossD UberDork
12/18/12 10:58 a.m.

I don't care. I'll never buy one. They could name them bloated pig's anus; then I might start noticing.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
12/18/12 10:58 a.m.

Cause Q comes after all those other letters, thus they are now betterer. In 2015 I predict they'll jumble the numbers and letters 0Q7, 60Q, 5Q0, X8Q0, Q7X0, 0Q6X, 5X0Q...

steronz wrote: So they've ditched Mercedes' horrible naming convention in favor of Audi's horrible naming convention?

That's because Audis have prettier 'style lights' in their headlights than other manufacturers. I kid you not a guy I work with ditched his 3-series for an S-4 and said the headlights were better and the DSG lets him paddle shift like a Ferrari...

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/18/12 11:01 a.m.

The alphabet soup naming convention is bad enough, but making all your cars have the same name is even worse.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/18/12 11:05 a.m.
dculberson wrote: The alphabet soup naming convention is bad enough, but making all your cars have the same name is even worse.

BINGO.

Ask Lincoln how sales are going since they pulled the same trick.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
12/18/12 11:06 a.m.

I am disappointed that there is no convertible version of the SUV's.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/18/12 11:09 a.m.

I remember a study was done a while ago that found people thought letters and numbers were cooler than names. I guess it wasn't so much a study, but a survey done by high school students with as much validity as the study finding what color car was more likely to get you pulled over. Apparently color plays a big part in it. Anyway, letters and numbers are getting old. And damn, dem sum ugly cars.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
12/18/12 11:21 a.m.

It's "trendy"...remember, we're talking about the general public, not the people who would frequent this board. A bunch of companies have ditched names in favor of alphanumeric. I realize Infiniti was already alphanumeric, but they obviously want to associate everything with their current "Q" name, which they obviously think has some panache.

I'm guessing this will be their new spokesperson....

dean1484
dean1484 UltraDork
12/18/12 11:28 a.m.

Wasn't. Q a James bond character or was that get smart.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
12/18/12 11:29 a.m.
Klayfish wrote: It's "trendy"...remember, we're talking about the general public, not the people who would frequent this board. A bunch of companies have ditched names in favor of alphanumeric. I realize Infiniti was already alphanumeric, but they obviously want to associate everything with their current "Q" name, which they obviously think has some panache. I'm guessing this will be their new spokesperson....

Jello Biafra?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
12/18/12 11:29 a.m.

Another hilarious example of stuff that gets you riled up.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/18/12 11:30 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/18/12 11:32 a.m.

Why does it matter?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
12/18/12 11:33 a.m.
Raze wrote: That's because Audis have prettier 'style lights' in their headlights than other manufacturers. I kid you not a guy I work with ditched his 3-series for an S-4 and said the headlights were better and the DSG lets him paddle shift like a Ferrari...

There's a guy I pass on the road who simply put flexilight in his AE101 Corolla's headlight housings to make Audi-style eyelashes...

Grassroots ingenuity wins again!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/18/12 11:39 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: There's a guy I pass on the road who simply put flexilight in his AE101 Corolla's headlight housings to make Audi-style eyelashes...

Because he wanted it to look like a rolling drag queen? And I thought SAAB's chrome "guyliner" treatment was bad. I hate the overused and overprecious LED lashes.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
12/18/12 11:43 a.m.

Yes it's ricey as all hell but he did it cheaply, and I have to say the workmanship is pretty good. Saw the car at my office once and I tried to get a pic but he drove away before I could stealthily snap one.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/18/12 11:52 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: Another hilarious example of stuff that gets you riled up.

Riled up? Where do you people come up with this stuff? It's funny! For cripes sake people, lighten up and laugh!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
sLmgiCqy6qZNyCzErL4lgh2viqhLHqSmulUTkxrZMYRbalNmQuX1By5DpORzDtC4