volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/1/19 8:26 p.m.

Since purchasing my brand new Mazda 3 back in August of last year, I receive the occasional email fom Mazda- the usual stuff- service specials, newsletters, etc.  Most of it I glance over and toss.  Today I received the following email:

Dear volvoclearinghouse, 

You Are Invited to Become a Member of The Mazda Insiders Community 

Mazda Insiders Community is a community where a select group of Mazda owners collaborate with Mazda, sharing experiences and opinions about your Mazda vehicle and ownership experience. It’s Mazda's way of talking directly with you so that we can understand what you love about your vehicle and being a Mazda owner.

Click here to join!

Mazda Insiders Community is all about listening to you! This is a unique opportunity to share your opinions and have a direct impact on the development of future Mazda products and programs.

Members of the Mazda Insiders Community will have the chance to participate in fun and interesting research activities that may include discussion forums, surveys, quick polls, and virtual focus groups. Any information you provide is confidential and is used for research purposes only - never for sales or direct marketing.

If you are interested in contributing, simply click the link above to join the Mazda Insiders Community today! For completing the survey and joining the Mazda Insiders Community, you will be entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of four prizes, including one $200 Amazon gift card! Click here to review the complete Sweepstakes rules. 

We are looking for a commitment from our members to be active in the community on an ongoing basis. You may be asked to participate in a research activity once or twice per month. (Please be assured you will not be burdened with frequent and long research surveys.) In recognition of your time and contribution to the Mazda Insiders Community, you will be eligible for great thank you gifts.

If you are experiencing any difficulties opening the link above, please copy & paste the following link into your browser’s address bar:
https://researchinsights.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e3Y3dtscV4wOyFv?Q_DL=4HNFpsotgbSgr5z_e3Y3dtscV4wOyFv_CGC_4OUxz0o1cAZONMx&Q_CHL=email

If you have any questions about the survey, please email us at researchinsights.help@morpace.com.

We hope you will join us in the Mazda Insiders Community, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
The Mazda Insiders Community Team 

So...is this legit?  I might do it just to see what becomes of it.  I mean, we always complain about all the stuff new cars have they we think they oughtn't, and all the stuff they don't have that we think they ought to.  At least this is sort of like actual voting, as opposed to standing on a virtual street corner and shouting.  

The link, BTW, goes to what appears to be some sort of research firm.  "Research Insights" or something.  

_
_ Reader
2/1/19 8:36 p.m.

It sounds the same as the Subaru group thing. They have you do stuff like take pics, or sign people up, they’ll send you swag and the people you talk to. The good news sounds like they actually want to hear from you, which you’re a car person, so you’ll be able to fight the general population of morons that want “more entertainment” or “the worst grill ever chromed”. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
2/1/19 8:45 p.m.

It's a focus group. I've been on some, and used to take a lot of surveys related to my profession. I got a chance to have a small influence on the corporate world, and occasionally make some money.

I'd go for it; you can always drop out if you don't like it.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
2/1/19 8:54 p.m.

Do it! We need more enthusiasts in manufacturer focus groups.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/1/19 9:08 p.m.

Here's to hoping you never end up in a room like this... 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/1/19 9:29 p.m.

If you can affiliate people in try and hook me up. I do own TWO modern Mazdas...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/3/19 9:05 a.m.

All right, sounds like a plan.  We need fewer cupholders and touch screens and more independent suspensions and manual transmissions in the world.  

I'll look into the affiliate ability and let everyone here know.  

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
2/3/19 2:08 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Here's to hoping you never end up in a room like this... 

And if you do, I hope you end up there with Mahk.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3IZlsECzsoxnCZXdBq2eP3nKCi1BSGI4frm7S7436w7o8Ae7XdBa8lCsY8j2narA